Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mystery View

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
The_Angry_Elf
223 Views, 3 Replies

Mystery View

I have a user who noticed a mystery view on a drawing he's working on (see below).

No idea what created it, where it moved from, etc. he just noticed it by moving his mouse over it and saw it highlight.

Expanding the browser shows a few items of concern.

First, the view designation comes in as "8" as opposed to our standard Alpha that is set in the template.

Second, the models in said mystery view are showing the icon of a hidden component.

Third, if and when you attempt to interact with any of the components shown as "invisible", the component disappears from the browser (see 2nd screen cap).

MysteryView.JPG

MysteryView-01.JPG

Cheers,

Jim O'Flaherty
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Owner - Celtic Design Services, LLC - cdscad.com - An Autodesk Service Partner
We are available for hire. Please DM me or visit our website
Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional * Autodesk Certified Instructor * Autodesk Expert Elite * AU Speaker 2015 through 2022 * AU Speaker Mentor
"Mr. O'Flaherty, never go into small computers. There's no future in them" - Dr. C.S. Choi circa 1984
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Usually it's detail or section view moved out of view.

Looks like it's projected View 8 from detail View B2 in Page 2.

And A5 is projected from same B2 in Page 2.

Message 3 of 4

Right! We tracked it all back thinking we'd find where it came from, etc. but no matter where we look there's no actual section/Projected view designator, so we have no idea what it's supposed to show or where it's cut.

And then the "8" designator is really odd, if we cut a section or create any kind of view, the designator is set to Alpha and all come in as such, except this one view that appeared.

This database has some very serious issues, so this doesn't surprise me. Thankfully, the drawing is done and being released as the project is completed. Trust me when I say I hope to never see this file ever again....but I know I will.

The Engineer included a warning note for the next person that is tapped to revise it and just re-create the drawing from scratch in hopes these issues don't show again.

Cheers,

Jim O'Flaherty
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Owner - Celtic Design Services, LLC - cdscad.com - An Autodesk Service Partner
We are available for hire. Please DM me or visit our website
Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional * Autodesk Certified Instructor * Autodesk Expert Elite * AU Speaker 2015 through 2022 * AU Speaker Mentor
"Mr. O'Flaherty, never go into small computers. There's no future in them" - Dr. C.S. Choi circa 1984
Message 4 of 4

Hi! This is probably a corrupted view port or graphical artifact. Try copy the view and paste it to a different sheet. Or copy the entire sheet and paste it to a different drawing. If it is an Inventor dwg file, you may want to open it in AutoCAD -> Purge/All. Does it work better either way?

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report