Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Punch Tool is not punching

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
toon.sol
267 Views, 2 Replies

My Punch Tool is not punching

Hello everybody,

I need some help. I need a very straight forward punch tool that makes a 6 sided hole with an adjustable width. 

(Yes it is to trap a bolt head)

I watched some vid's on youtube and thought is was very straight forward. But when i try it doesn't work.

When I apply it to my part it does find the points and shows the sketch but after that it doesn't make the holes.

I have to punch a lot of those holes, would be nice to get this working.

Thanks Toon

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
JDMather
in reply to: toon.sol

@toon.sol wrote:

When I apply it to my part it does find the points and shows the sketch but after that it doesn't make the holes.

When I tried your tool it worked fine.

What happens after you Finish (even though it doesn't place the holes as you expect?

Do you get an error?

Can you Attached a file with the failed Punch features showing in the part browser?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 3
toon.sol
in reply to: JDMather

Hello JD,

This morning when I openen the model I was working on I was surprissed to see all the 6 sided holes in place. It must have been some thing with updating. Inventor is sometimes lagging with updating the model.

I will try it a bit more now. Thanks for trying.

Toon

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report