Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mutter Holzgewinde - nut wood thread

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Fabio.PfistererD29WK
458 Views, 8 Replies

Mutter Holzgewinde - nut wood thread

Hallo, 

ich möchte ein Holzgewinde drucken und für ein Außengewinde ist das auch problemlos. Wenn ich aber die passende Mutter dazu erstellen möchte wird mit das Holzgewinde nicht vorgeschlagen. 
Hat Jemand eine Idee? 

Hello,

I would like to print a wood thread and there are no problems for an external thread. But if I want to create the right nut for it, the wooden thread is not suggested.
Does somebody has any idea?

[translated with Google]

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Message 3 of 9

Hi, 
the problem is the Inventor software does note offer me the wooden tread for the nuts. So I can´t model it with cool orange. 

Message 4 of 9

Why you need to model the 3D Thread? You will fabricate the nut?

Usually the nuts are only a representation in the model, it's a way to have the correct amount in the part list... doesn't have to be "geometrically accurate".
This coil features will be a very heavy part, that will slow your global model, thats why the 3D coils are replaced by a visual representation.

Select one with similar specifications, change the part number and you will good to go.

It will need to be accurate only if you will manufacture the nut...

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 5 of 9

If you need a 3D-printable nut, you can shape it around the screw and create it as a new Body, and then using Combine -> Cut tool. You will now have an identical inverted copy of your original screw thread.

EdvinTailwind_1-1687865749661.png

EdvinTailwind_2-1687865874472.png

Message 6 of 9

@Fabio.PfistererD29WK 

Adjust the profile for your thread...

Solved: Threading for 3D printing - Autodesk Community - Inventor

Attach your *.ipt file here if you run into trouble.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 7 of 9

I want to 3d print it.

Message 8 of 9

This looks good! I will try it and report it this is the answer!

Message 9 of 9

That was the way, had to compine the thread and the cylinder of the thread first and than combine/cut the tread
Thank you very much!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report