Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multivalue Parameter in iPart Table

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
richard.joseph.pollak
818 Views, 4 Replies

Multivalue Parameter in iPart Table

Is it possible to add a multivalue parameter to an iPart table using a dropdown? I have a parameter that I would like to limit to a list of three possible values.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Examine the attached file.

Place the component into an assembly.

Punch Dia.png

Oops, be sure to checkmark the All Values box (to see the 3).

Message 3 of 5

Thank you for your reply. I cannot open your file because I am still using Inventor 2015. However, we should be updating to 2017 in the near future.

It looks like you are showing me how to select an iPart within an assembly based on a parameter, but I am looking for a way to have a dropdown within the iPart Author for a multivalue parameter, similar to how an iAssembly will have a dropdown for changing an iPart.

Below is a picture of the parameter entry field. I'd like it to limit the choices via a dropdown.

ipart.JPG

Message 4 of 5

Hi richard.joseph.pollak,

I don't know of a way to do that in iparts.

What we typically do is to right click on the column (Length for your example) and choose Key, and then choose the Key number. Then close the iPart author table, and right click on the table in the browser and choose List By Keys.

This assists with placement, but doesn't really do much to help you fill out the ipart table. If that's what you're after, then you might edit the table in Excel.

Does that get you closer to what you're after?

Edit: just for clarification. Multivalue Parameters were created for, and are used with iLogic. iParts simply do not know about Multivalue Parameters.

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 5 of 5

I suspected that this was the case. I'll consider posting it to the Ideas forum. Thank you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report