Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple values in single parts list propertie

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Geertvdheide92
891 Views, 4 Replies

Multiple values in single parts list propertie

Is there a possibility to input multiple values in a single parts list propertie?

For example, in custom properties i can input <OD>x<t> outer diameter times wall thickness. 

But is there an option to do this directly in the parts list?

I can go into every single part and add an extra parameter and use that one in the parts list. 

But i want to create a standard parts list combining these propertie for me. 

kind regards. 

Geert

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Hi Geert,

If I understood your request correctly, it should be doable in Parameters dialog. You just need to make a given parameter multi-value (right-click on the parameter value in Parameters dialog -> click Make Multi-Value. You will be prompted to enter more values associated with the parameter. Is this what you are looking for?

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 5
jtylerbc
in reply to: Geertvdheide92

I think @johnsonshiue has misunderstood what you're asking for.  No formulas can be entered in a Parts List - it must be done as a property of the parts, as you already described.  However, if your issue with this method is the labor of going in and doing this many times on individual parts, there may be a shortcut for you.

1. If all the parts you need to add the property to are in the same assembly, great.  If not, create an assembly and throw all of the parts in it.
  2. In the Assembly, click Bill of Materials.  The BOM differs from the Parts List in that it actually edits component iProperties from a central location, rather than simply overriding them with manual text (as the Parts List edit would do).
  3. On whichever BOM View tab you prefer working on, click the "Add Custom iProperty Column" button.
  4. Where it says "click to add iProperty column", click and type your custom property's name.  Then click OK.  This adds a column to the BOM window for your custom property.
  5. Enter your formula in one of the cells for this column, and copy and paste it to the rest.  When you enter the value (or formula, in this case) in a cell, that row's part receives the custom iProperty automatically.

If this is a part that you have a special template file for, you can also set up the custom property and formula in the template .ipt file to help with the creation of future parts.

Now that all of your parts have the custom iProperty, you can add that property to a parts list and save it as a style, if desired.  If you don't already know how to do that, post back and I will walk you through those steps as well.

Message 4 of 5
blair
in reply to: jtylerbc

I guess you could use iLogic as well with a Form-Fill table 

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 5 of 5
Geertvdheide92
in reply to: jtylerbc

Yhank you, 

For now this is the quickest solution. 

using a template file is indeed also an option, but foor the current project everything is already drawn. 

but with this option i can quickly turn the current project in the template project 🙂

big thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report