Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Tube and pipe assembly's in one total assembly

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
anjewierden
488 Views, 1 Reply

Multiple Tube and pipe assembly's in one total assembly

Hallo everyone,

We have a machine where we placed all our hydraulic hoses with one Tube and pipe assembly in the total assembly.

This was a succes, but for the machine where I'm working on at te moment we want to split the multiple hoses in groups by useing muliple T&P assembly's to make it more clear what wich hoses do. (for example the hoses for driving and steering splitted in two T&P assembly's).

I have tried to click T&P, but than it will only make new runs in the existing T&P assembly, I also tried to copy a T&P base assembly and added that one to the assembly, but that one cannot be changed to addaptive and as long as it is not adaptive the tube and pipe functions will be disabled.

An other posiblility that I didn't tried is make a new assemby and place there the previus assembly in, But than you get a assembly on top of a assembly and so on, I'm afraid that you will quickly lose the overview, so that methode is not preferred.

Is this something I want to do that is not posible, or am I missing something.

BTW, I'm still using Inventor 2018 (Update is on it's way)

Greetings, Bryan

Labels (1)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
A.Acheson
in reply to: anjewierden

As you have already discovered, only one tube and pipe main assembly is allowed in one assembly. 

1. You can either keep one main assembly and make multiple runs to divide up the hoses. This way all hoses are at the same level. If you have already created them in one run, do a copy and make adaptive of the run and delete out the parts you don’t want. I would think forget about changing the run file name to match hose description etc if you change the hose content the file name will always be a headache and not match. Changing the occurrence/browser name might help navigate the runs. 

2. Place a new T&P main assembly at each sub assembly level. This might make sense if your pre assembling modulus and you want your hoses in there. But like you mention this will go deep down into sub assemblies.

A tip:

You can copy runs between sub assemblies and make them adaptive as long as you have a main tube and pipe assembly in there. This might make it quicker reusing similar size end connections and lengths etc

If this solved a problem, please click (accept) as solution.‌‌‌‌
Or if this helped you, please, click (like)‌‌
Regards
Alan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report