Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple PartsLists with Unique Titles in one Drawing

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
302 Views, 1 Reply

Multiple PartsLists with Unique Titles in one Drawing

Hey,

I'm trying to put multiple parts on one drawing (lets call them 1234-001, 1234-002, and 1234-003). Each of these has their own unique properties, model file, iProperties, etc. I'd like to have, on one page, a parts list for each of the three parts. 

So what I do is I place the base view for each of the three parts, then insert the default PartsList that I have selected three times, once for each part/base view.

I'd like to link each one of these parts to their respective Parts List by the PartsList's Title (accessed in the Styles Editor). However, when I change the title for one of these PartsLists, all three get changed because of the way Inventor has everything wired.

Is there a way to have three unique PartsLists with three unique Titles on one page of one drawing?

-Luke

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
tahdesign1
in reply to: Anonymous

The problem is you are trying to change this in your styles.

The style form the title when a new one is made AND for all titles that have not been altered.

Once you have placed the parts list you make the titles unique by editing each of the parts lists themselves in the drawing as shown below:

Parts List Name.jpg

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report