Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multibend half cylinder

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
TWingate1986
633 Views, 9 Replies

multibend half cylinder

Hey all,  

I am trying to "bump brake" a cylinder.  The shop wants to make a 24" i.d. tube, so we will plasma cut 2 halves and bump brake it and weld them together.  I have tried a few different sheet metal methods, however I only get 1 bend line in flat pattern view.  We want the bends in .500 or .75 spacing.  I could probably figure out the degree of bend and do a ton of flanges, but I was trying to get it done in one command.

Thanks all

Regards,

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
mcgyvr
in reply to: TWingate1986

Use a polygon as your sketch (with an opening/rip in it) then use contour flange to create the tube..

That will unflatten with multiple bend lines..

Adjust the number of sides to achieve your desired bend line spacing in the flat..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 10
TWingate1986
in reply to: mcgyvr

THANKS!

Exactly what I needed.  I had to do it a few times to get the spacing where I wanted, but flat pattern came out just fine.

Thanks a bunch.

Regards,

Message 4 of 10
CCarreiras

Hi!

My way...

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 5 of 10
mcgyvr
in reply to: CCarreiras

^^ yep.. lofted flange works great too and allows easier control of the distance between the bend lines..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Message 6 of 10
TWingate1986

which out of the two ways do you guys think is more accurate on on flat blank?  I get a .055 difference on the flat blank. 

Message 7 of 10
CCarreiras

Depends how you are doing it... theoretically speaking, it must have the same value for both cases.

By the way.... a 0,055 is a big difference for you??

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 8 of 10
TWingate1986

no its not a big difference in this case.

I just wanted your opinions.

Thanks for the help

Message 9 of 10
CCarreiras

If you have both files, post it here and we check that...

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 10 of 10
mcgyvr

There shouldn't be any difference in the blank assuming the models are the same.. You should essentially get the exact same output from either process..

And really is best to model it up.. Then actually make the part and take your measurements.. If its off adjust the kfactor used in Inventor to achieve the needed blank dimensions..

I had to bend up all the different sizes of material here and actually press brake them then calculate for the kfactor for each material thickness/die radius,etc.. for our specific machine..

I will never supply a blank drawing to any outside vendor,etc.. unless I have confirmed the proper k factor for their specific machine/process..

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report