Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving a project

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
2127 Views, 2 Replies

Moving a project

I am trying to relocate several single user projects from one a local drive to a network drive. I am not using Vault. Each project has it's own ipj file. There are no libraries external to the project. Everything resides in the each project folder. I have tried just moving the files. I have tried pack and go. Nothing works. After moving I open my assembly and I have to reconnect everything that is associated with frame generator or tube and pipe. If I go through the process to do this, I am unable to save the files and I get error messages that say these parts are not part of the active project. But they are in the workspace folder path. I see a lot of people discussing the same problem and there are many responses that say it has to be done properly but no one says what the proper way is. Does anyone have any ideas?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
johnsonshiue
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi! Has the \Workspace\ and folder options been updated accordingly? Would you be able to provide an example of "relocated" files? I would like to know why Inventor is not able to resolve the files properly.

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 3
Frederick_Law
in reply to: Anonymous

Since you are moving the project to a new location, you will need to modify the project file after you moved it.

You need to change the Workspace in the project to the network location.  Assuming everyone on the network use the same name for the network location.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report