Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move Dimension Location when Editing Constraint in the Model Tree??

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
phlyx
325 Views, 5 Replies

Move Dimension Location when Editing Constraint in the Model Tree??

When you're working in an assembly and you click on a constraint it used to pop the dimension up in a nice clean dialog box at the bottom of the screen so the whole model tree was still viewable.  In 2020 the dimension is now in an annoying little dialog box that completely covers up the item below the constraint you're editing and we cannot find any way to move this.  

dimension-const1.jpg

Any way to move this????

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: phlyx

@phlyx 

You need to change it in the browser

2019-10-21_13-58-07.jpg

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 3 of 6
phlyx
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

Thanks but that completely disables the ability to change a constraint value without editing the actual constraint.  Versions back it would pop up the number at the bottom of the browser and not cover anything.  I understand the intent with this but if you're not sure which constraint you want to edit, you click on one, see what it is in the model, if that's not it you click the next one.  The number dialog covers up the next one almost completely unless you have your model tree wide and taking up a good portion of your workspace.

If it's the way it is then we understand, question was if there was a way to move it (and if not then might be a suggestion for next version)

Message 4 of 6
mcgyvr

Double click the constraint instead of a single click...  Is that what you were looking for?

But no you can't move that initial single click box that I know of..

Maybe there is a registry setting hiding somewhere but I haven't looked..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 5 of 6
JCrilly

This is a very frustrating feature that I am dealing with also. Hopefully this can change.

Message 6 of 6
johnsonshiue
in reply to: JCrilly

Hi! I thought the issue was resolved in one of the updates to 2020. Please install 2020.2 update followed by 2020.2.2 update.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report