Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move Content Center data

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
755 Views, 9 Replies

Move Content Center data

Hi,

I've got a problem with Inventor software, but I think that there must be a simple solution, so I am asking at this forum. 

The situation: I've got two PC stations. On both of them, there is Inventor 2021 installed (the same version). On PC1 I've created new project, designed new parts, connected them into assembly and use some parts from Content Center library, for example M6x40 screw. Then I copied project folder to the PC2 and tried to open it. During loading process, Inventor is asking me to indicate folder location of each Content Center part, which I used. 

My question is - where can i find Content Center files on PC2 station, to use them? Or if I can't do I have to manually copy used Content Center parts from %username&/Documents/Inventor/Content Center Files/R2021 from PC1 to PC2. If yes, is there simpler solution for doing this? 

My PC1 station is connected to NAS drive. I am storing there all projects data. When I try to download project data to PC2 station, I can download only project files, so all Content center parts are missing. 

Labels (1)
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Casey.P
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello @Anonymous,

if you open your project from the home screen within Inventor, click on the small icon I have circled shown below. This will pop up your configure libraries menu. From there, it should show you where your location of libraries are in the bigger red circle on PC2. 

ScreenShot 03-15-21 at 03.46.31 PM.JPG

Message 3 of 10
A.Acheson

Check the content Center files folder path under project. If this is default check under application options what content center files is set too.

Are you working on a shared network? If not each pc will have there content center files local to the pc, which is why your having to do a copy and paste.

In order to work with more than 1 user the shared network will need to contain the content center files folder. If you have custom content center library content you might consider moving this too depending on your companies needs. 

If this solved a problem, please click (accept) as solution.‌‌‌‌
Or if this helped you, please, click (like)‌‌
Regards
Alan
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: Casey.P

This is, what i see in project menu. Looks similar to yours, but still Inventor don't want to load Content Center data

pic1.png

Message 5 of 10
A.Acheson

@Anonymous 

Content Center Library ( contains the raw data for the content center parts - The excel table for the iParts)

Content Center Files ( contains the physical part file the assembly requires - The iPart members after creation)

You will need to change the location of the files folder as this is what the assembly will look for first. 

Regards
Alan
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: A.Acheson

In application options I've got same default file path written.

I don't work in shared network. Just having two work stations (PC and laptop) and sometimes I have to switch beetween them. 

For working in shared project, I have to use Autodesk Vault software? Or is there another way? 

Thank's for your answers and help 😉

Message 7 of 10
andrewiv

You either need to set the path of content center files to a shared location that both computers can access, or you need to copy/paste the files the files to the other hard drive.  You don't have to use Vault, but Vault does make things a lot easier when working with multiple people.  If it's just you it wouldn't be needed.

Andrew In’t Veld
Designer

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: A.Acheson

Ok, when I try to load assemply, it starts to search Content Center files (.ipt extension) in project directory. I can indicate another location. 

But the final question, does Inventor has ability to generate missing .ipt files (for example with M6x40 screw), based on its own Content Center Library, or do I have to copy them beetween PC stations? 

Message 9 of 10
andrewiv

It won't automatically generate the files when you open an assembly that is using them, but you can insert it from the content center to generate the file for future.  It's probably easier to just copy the files from the first PC and paste them into the same location on the second PC.

Andrew In’t Veld
Designer

Message 10 of 10
A.Acheson

@Anonymous 

Unfortunately it cannot create content center files as it is looking for a file that is all ready been generated. A direct link will need to be maintained.

We use a shared network and create the assemblies under a single project file which has a central content center. Multiple projects across different users would make this a little more difficult. 

Regards
Alan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report