Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mouse Shortcuts not Working

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
cbrycem03
1560 Views, 9 Replies

Mouse Shortcuts not Working

I have used Inventor for almost a year now, but when I opened it up today, the left mouse button and scroll wheel shortcuts did not work. I can work without them, but I like them a lot. Double-clicking the scroll wheel no longer does anything and holding down the left mouse button either makes a box to select things or draws a line that, when I let go, disappears. Please help me fix this. I am using Autodesk Inventor Pro 2018 and would rather not update it quite yet.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
johnsonshiue
in reply to: cbrycem03

Hi! My first thought would be mouse driver. You may want to update the driver. Make sure all critical Windows updates are installed. And, also install Inventor 2018.3 update followed by the latest double-dot updates to 2018.3.

If nothing works, you could try using Inventor Reset Utility (go to All Programs -> Autodesk -> Inventor 2018 -> Tools). It will reset all Inventor settings back to install default.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 10
cbrycem03
in reply to: johnsonshiue

I tried updating the drivers and updating windows, neither fixed it. I made sure Inventor was fully updated and I reset it, and that didn't fix it either.

Message 4 of 10
johnsonshiue

Hi! Are you using any non-Autodesk add-in?

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 5 of 10
cbrycem03

I don't think so.

Message 6 of 10
cbrycem03

Do you think that maybe uninstalling it and reinstalling it might fix it?

Message 7 of 10
andrewiv

Have you tried using a different mouse?  Maybe something went wrong with the physical mouse you're using now.

Andrew In’t Veld
Designer

Message 8 of 10
CGBenner
in reply to: andrewiv

@cbrycem03 

I know this is probably the first thing you checked, but... how is the mouse battery?

Chris Benner
Industry Community Manager – Design & Manufacturing

If a response answers your question, please use  ACCEPT SOLUTION  to assist other users later.

Also be generous with Likes!  Thank you and enjoy!

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider
Inventor/Beta Feedback Project
Message 9 of 10
cbrycem03
in reply to: andrewiv

I just tried that, and it worked just fine. I didn't even think of that. Thanks! And now my original mouse works again as well. Don't know what caused it to be fixed, but it now works. Thanks!

Message 10 of 10
cbrycem03
in reply to: CGBenner

I switched batteries and it still didn't work, but I just tried a different mouse again, and now it works for both mice. Don't know what happened for it to work again.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report