Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mouse Pointer on Home Tab for Inventor 2023 changes from arrow to pointing hand

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Seymour-Butts
208 Views, 3 Replies

Mouse Pointer on Home Tab for Inventor 2023 changes from arrow to pointing hand

On the new 2023 Home tab of Inventor, the mouse pointer changes to a hand with a pointing finger when hovering over the image of a part. Why? It drives me crazy. When I see that pointer image, I've been trained by web surfing software to assume it is a "link" that only requires one click to "follow". Or at the very least, that the action of my mouse click will be different in this area. So every day, I click on the part I want to open, and it only selects the part. This is the same action as if I was over the text portion of the "icon" with the typical arrow pointer. Does anyone know how to change this behavior in Inventor? I'd like to either make it so the pointer remains my typical arrow, or so that a single click opens the part.

Thanks for your help!

2022-09-06 12_47_31-Autodesk Inventor Professional 2023_Arrow.png2022-09-06 12_46_09-Autodesk Inventor Professional 2023_Hand.png

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
mcgyvr
in reply to: Seymour-Butts

Bored UI designer just wanted to throw a cursor change in for fun?

If we are being picky then they also forgot to change to that pointer cursor when hovering over the dropdown to change your project file... 😉

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 4
Seymour-Butts
in reply to: mcgyvr

Yes, I see what you mean. I suppose my preference would be to leave the
pointer as the arrow for all situations and change the button appearance.
Similar to the way it works in the ribbon at the top of the screen. Maybe
use the hand pointer for web links that open an external browser?

The Vault dropdown list does change when you hover (as do all other
"buttons" that I checked) This is my preferred hover action.
Message 4 of 4
sundars
in reply to: Seymour-Butts

Hi @Seymour-Butts 

Thank you for reporting it. We are looking into it and I will give you an update as soon as we figure out what's going on. 

Thanks for your patience.

-shiva

Shiva Sundaram
Inventor Development

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report