Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Models Uploaded to Design Views in Autodesk Viewer : Shared Links Not Working

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
nniklausvtechas
1081 Views, 9 Replies

Models Uploaded to Design Views in Autodesk Viewer : Shared Links Not Working

Lately all my model upload "Shared Links" have not been working.  Users receive a screen error stating "Sorry, Something went wrong.  We're working on it and we'll get it fixed as soon as we can."

I've uploaded the models directly and from Vault.  Uploads are available and visible while I'm logged in to the Autodesk Viewer, but I too get the same message if trying to access the models from a shared link and not being logged in.

This scenario has only started this week.... any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Christian

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Cadmanto
in reply to: nniklausvtechas

Are these users you speak of working off the same network path as you?  Using the same project file as you?

Windows 10 x64 -16GB Ram
Intel i7-6700 @ 3.41ghz
nVidia GTS 250 - 1 GB
Inventor Pro 2020

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: nniklausvtechas

I to have had this issue, but with Revit files instead. I am trying to share a model with my client, but it wont work on their computer, or mine if I log out. Very frustrating.

Screen Shot 2019-06-09 at 17.34.32.png

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

That off course is the great disadvantage of "The cloud". If something goes wrong. ALL USERS are affected. Autodesk should heavely invest in backup servers so this is reduced to the minimum!

Message 5 of 10
xianhua.chen

Hi,

Thank you for reporting this issue, Autodesk Viewer team is now investigating the problem. 
The current workaround is to log in to the Autodesk Viewer to open the shared links. If your partner doesn't have an Autodesk account, it is easy to create one by "Sign up for free" in viewer.autodesk.com.
Again, thank you for your feedback, we will try to solve the problem ASAP.

Xianhua Chen
PDMS Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 6 of 10

Hi,

This issue has been resolved, you no longer have to be logged in to view a shared link in Autodesk Viewer. 
Thanks again for reporting this, please let us know if you are still seeing this problem.

Xianhua Chen
PDMS Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 7 of 10

Thank You Xianhua for Your Help and the Quick Attention to Resolving This Issue!!!

Regards,

Christian

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: xianhua.chen

I may have the same issue today so is this actually fixed or is it an on going issue?  Something slightly different is Details state the Tr worker failed to load

Not good enough get the lazy Tr worker up and back on the job or get a Tr support work trained up quickly - Massive £750k project being held up beacuse of this 😞

Message 9 of 10
nniklausvtechas

Unfortunately I'm still having Issued when creating straight from Vault.
In the meantime I've opted to just export to a STEP File and then Uploading the STEP file.
It's not as convenient but eliminates the broken link scenario.

Message 10 of 10
marcia.ferreira.lins

my links still don't load 

marciaferreiralins_0-1669042259807.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report