Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Model base definition (MBD) - how to create BOM

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
karram
293 Views, 6 Replies

Model base definition (MBD) - how to create BOM

In assembly environment i used to create the assembly with all annotation and dimensions like below.

I am not create any 2D drawings, instead of that i create only assembly file, and i send this assembly file step format to supplier. For this assembly environment how can i show the list of below items.

1. Balloon in the Assembly environment.

2. How to show parts list in the Assembly environment.

karram_0-1698911759293.png

Thanks and Regards

Karthick

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
johnsonshiue
in reply to: karram

Hi Karthick,

This is not yet supported. Please feel free to submit as an ideal or vote for an existing on Inventor Ideas forum (https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-ideas/idb-p/v1232).

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 7
karram
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Thanks for the information.

Regarding MBD, when i export into 3DPDF, i need additional data from my current 3DPDF temaplate.

Is there any design data and material data can i add into 3Dpdf template. how can i add, any sample custom template with different format available.

Thanks and Regards,

Karthick R

Message 4 of 7
Frederick_Law

https://help.autodesk.com/view/INVNTOR/2023/ENU/?guid=GUID-8E472D07-7053-450B-8B5E-E09E973D3CBE

Create Custom 3D PDF Templates
Note: Check the tutorial gallery for the guided tutorial on basic PDF template file customization. The tutorial includes instructions for editing the JavaScript file. For advanced customization, download the detailed PDF template customization guide available here.

The default location for the 3D PDF templates provided by Autodesk is C:\Users\Public\Documents\Autodesk\Inventor <release>\Templates\<language>. If you specify a different template location in your project file, copy the sample templates to that location.

A 3D PDF template includes two types of elements:
  • Static elements, for example: Static text, images, property fields, and 3D model views. Static elements can be customized using the editing tools available in Adobe Acrobat Pro.
  • Dynamic and interactive elements, for example: Interactive BOM lists, view carousels, and print options. A JavaScript file generates dynamic and interactive elements. The JavaScript file is embedded in the 3D PDF template and can be edited from within Adobe Acrobat Pro DC by specifying the external xml editor you want to use.
To customize the template, make a copy of the default template and then edit the copy in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC. Edit the template file to:
  • Add or delete static text, images, or property fields.
  • Customize size and position of graphical elements.
  • Create more pages in the template file.
Message 5 of 7
karram
in reply to: Frederick_Law

For advanced customization, download the detailed PDF template customization guide available here.

This link is now works and give 404Error

Can you please check

Thanks

Message 6 of 7
Frederick_Law

Yeap, can't find the tutorial either.

You do need Acrobat Pro to edit the Template.

I tried with Standard and can't get to the Javascript.

Then I don't know how much MBD will show up in 3D PDF.

I only know STEP 242 will use it but it still not 100%.

Message 7 of 7
karram
in reply to: Frederick_Law

I have Acrobat editor already, 

But i dont know how to add new parameters in the default template.

I checked tutorial but this kind of information not available, means newly add any parameters into default 3Dpdf template.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report