Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing link problems with content center parts

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
358 Views, 1 Reply

Missing link problems with content center parts

Hi,

So, we are doing a job on some pack and go we receive from our client. We have a folder where all the different PnG folders are. The first problem we encountered was that there were some bolts. Considering they are used in every single project, we decided to create a "bolt" folder (containing assemblies of the bolt + washer + nut). These were automaticly linked with the Content Center folder of the PnG library. I am not too familiar with inventor and Pack n Gos yet, but every PnG had its own library/content center. Creating new bolt assembly while in the project would automaticly add the new CC parts into that project/library/content center folder. So, on a new project, we would copy and merge the older project library into the new one, and the bolt folder would link its part with the new project/library/content center folder. If I'dd go back to an older project, they would be linked to the older project.

Recently, some of those bolt assemblies "forgot" their link, and don't recognise the current library/content center folder, and are trying to resolve by going to the first project. The wierd thing is that some of those first bolt assemblies still follows the current project library folder without popping an error.

I can't quite figure out how to make it so these bolt assemblies go back to linked themselves to the current project library.

Thanks in advance and don't hesitate to ask more questions so I can clarify.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Apparently, relinking the parts with the current project content center fixed the problem and they are now back to being always linked with the current project.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report