Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Ellipse Tool From Inventor 2018

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
843 Views, 9 Replies

Missing Ellipse Tool From Inventor 2018

I downloaded Inventor 2018 and have it installed and working but it does not have the ellipse tool on the sketch ribbon. How can I have it added?

kelly.young has edited your subject line for clarity: Missing ellispse tool from Inventor 2018

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I downloaded Inventor 2018 and it installed by without an ellipse tool. How can I get that tool added?

Message 3 of 10
Mark.Lancaster

@Anonymous

Are you saying you don't see it here?

2018-01-23_22-17-53.jpg

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 4 of 10
Mark.Lancaster

@Anonymous

Not sure why you're posting twice about the same reason (https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-forum/missing-ellispse-tool-from-inventor-2018/td-p/7714861) and also not sure what you mean by the flange menu?

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 5 of 10
johnsonshiue

Hi! Ellipse tool is listed under Circle. Find the Circle command and click the small arrow button to reveal other commands including Ellipse.

I am not sure I understand your prior question. Flange command is available in sheet metal environment. You will need to start a new sheet metal part or convert a regular part to a sheet metal part.

You sound like a new user. Please go through Inventor tutorials first to get basic understanding of how Inventor works.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 6 of 10
The_Angry_Elf

Welcome to the forum.

As stated I see you've posted the same issue twice but under different titles.

Not sure why, but being a new user as it sure seems you are, know that commands are included or grouped under other commands. Anywhere you see a small black down arrow on the icon of the menu, it signifies there are more commands under such. It's the very same issue in a command window/menu such as Extrude, etc. You'll either see this down arrow or a button at the lower right of ">>" meaning there's a submenu of more options.

As suggested, go thru the tutorials included with the software, they are a great resource. Search these forums, search YouTube, etc. Or best yet, get professional training from a certified instructor. See if there's a training center near you. Most will be at an Autodesk reseller.

But know, we are here to help.

Cheers,

Jim O'Flaherty
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Owner - Celtic Design Services, LLC - cdscad.com - An Autodesk Service Partner
We are available for hire. Please DM me or visit our website
Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional * Autodesk Certified Instructor * Autodesk Expert Elite * AU Speaker 2015 through 2022 * AU Speaker Mentor
"Mr. O'Flaherty, never go into small computers. There's no future in them" - Dr. C.S. Choi circa 1984
Message 7 of 10
TheCADWhisperer

The Flange tools are available in the Sheet Metal Environment.

Either 

1. Start from a Sheet Metal Template

or

2. Go to Environments>Convert to Sheet Metal to get access to the Flange tools.

Flange.PNGSheet Metal.PNG

Message 8 of 10
mcgyvr

flange tool? ellipse? which is it?

Show a screenshot of what/where you think something should be or post the reference to the instructions you are reading that shows this flange or ellipse tool..

We need more context to help you..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 9 of 10
kelly.young

Hello @Anonymous I see that you are visiting as a new member to the Inventor Forum.
Welcome to the Autodesk Community!

As you can see there are many skilled experts here to help.

Can you supply a bit more information regarding what you are trying to accomplish?

If you can share a screenshot, record a screencast, or attach your parts that would be helpful.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if a post solves your issue or answers your question.

Message 10 of 10
Anonymous

yeet

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report