Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mirroring and arrays

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Logos_Atum
624 Views, 4 Replies

Mirroring and arrays

Hello there,

i am currently looking into mirroring and arrays and i wondered if it is possible to have some kind of adaptive mirroring activated or used.

The aim is as i change the instance which is arrayed or mirrored i want the objects in the array and the mirrored parts changed too.

Is this possible?

If it is´nt possible just like that i would want to do a macro or i logic form that updates the array or mirror to have matching parts again.

Any suggestions or ideas you could help me out with ?

Dogs aren´t flammable.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Hi Sereniance,

Are you asking about assembly patterns and mirrors, or part feature patterns and mirrors, or sketch patterns and mirrors? Can you provide a screen shot of what you're attempting to do?

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 3 of 5

Hello there,

it´s patterns and mirrors in an assembly.

I would want them adaptive as in the sketch environment,

so that once i change the original the mirrored parts change too...

In the screenshot you see the original array on the left.

I changed the properties of the array and i would like to have the mirror change too.

Any help is very welcome on my way to achieve this.

Thank you for your time

Dogs aren´t flammable.
Message 4 of 5
t_stramr
in reply to: Logos_Atum

Hi Sereniance,

Assembly mirror command in Inventor is not associative, so miroring an array in assembly produces new array but with mirrored orientation. There is no internal connection between source and mirrored array feature.

Your problem could be solved by small wokaround. Put your component(s) into separate sub-assembly and create array in that subassembly. Then place subassembly into the main assembly and mirror the sub-assembly in the main assembly by reusing it so the new instance of sub-assembly is placed on mirrored side. Then updating the array in source sub-assembly will automatically update also target sub-assembly as thes are instance of the same assembly definition.

I hope this hint could help you.

Robert

Message 5 of 5
Logos_Atum
in reply to: t_stramr

Hello Robert,

i just did as you said and this works fine.

The performance is much better when you´re working with sub assemblies.

Thank you and have a nice week.

Dogs aren´t flammable.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report