Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mirrored part which changes when the source part is changed

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
312 Views, 4 Replies

Mirrored part which changes when the source part is changed

Hi!

I am a beginner to Autodesk Inventor and I need help on mirroring a part so that the part will move and change when the source part is moved or changed in an assembly file. (I want to mirror the side of a box, to that when I move, constrain etc. that side/part, the mirrored side will also move and be constrained, but on the opposite side.) I can't seem to find a tutorial etc. but I clearly remember my teacher demonstrating it. I'm just not too sure how. Thank you very much in advance! 🙂

PS. How many constraints mininum do you need to constrain parts together in an assembly? (I think it is 1 Mate and 2 Flushes but I'm not sure)

Alan W

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
JDMather
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

1. ...., the mirrored side will also move and be constrained, but on the opposite side.) 

2. PS. How many constraints mininum do you need to constrain parts together in an assembly? 

Alan W

1. Look into the Symmetry Constraint.

2. No one single answer - all depends on design intent.  Could be just one Insert Constraint.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 5
blair
in reply to: JDMather

I remember sitting in class and not paying attention to the teacher. Made me look like an idiot when I either was asked a question about what the teacher just explained or later when I had to do my homework.

Post a couple of pictures of what you have and hope to achieve and people on the forum will take pity on you and point you in the right direction.

Remember, in a couple of years when you have left school, there are no grades and very limited do-overs in the work place, only keeping a job or loosing a job.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: JDMather

Thanks! I'll look into it!

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: blair

Hi! I'll just ask my teacher! Thanks!:)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report