Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Metal 1400F Hot,

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
lkirit2000
350 Views, 3 Replies

Metal 1400F Hot,

Hi 

I couldn't find  Metal 1400F Hot in the Material List. How I can add ?

Rgds

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: lkirit2000

@lkirit2000

Assuming you are using Inventor 2013 or newer..  I would start here: http://blogs.rand.com/support/2016/06/create-a-new-material-or-appearance-and-add-it-to-an-inventor-...

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 3 of 4
lkirit2000
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

Hi 

Thanks for your response. 

I am going through the Advanced Assembly e-Portal lessions.  According to lessons it seems that METAL 1400 F Hot is as a Default in the library.

Rgds

Message 4 of 4
SBix26
in reply to: lkirit2000

Metal 1400F Hot is an Appearance, not a Material, at least in the libraries provided with Inventor.  It's important to be clear about the difference between them: 

• Materials have properties such as density, strength, thermal capacity, etc., and are applied only to a solid body.
  • Appearances have properties such as color, reflectivity, transparency, texture, and are applied to faces.

Did your tutorial really ask you to change the material to something that didn't exist in the library as installed? Or was it the appearance?

Sam B
Inventor Pro 2019.0.0 | Windows 7 SP1
LinkedIn

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report