Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Messed up my settings

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
jim2W82A7
378 Views, 6 Replies

Messed up my settings

Two easy questions for somebody who knows a little more than I:

I slid up to the Open icon and clicked on it, I thought..  Instead of the normal screen what's shown in the first picture came up, filling the entire screen.  What did I do, and how do I undo it?

In the same megafalator the Open  icon disappeared from between the New Icon and the Projects icon in the second picture.  How do I get it back there?

Thanks ever so much!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
A.Acheson
in reply to: jim2W82A7

Hi @jim2W82A7 

If you click the file tab it will give you the option to open a file which is the dialogue box that came up. You can resize the file open dialogue box by stretching the corner, go to the corner marked with a little black triangle and click and drag the corner. It does look too big for sure. 

As for the open button missing in the ribbon see attached screenshot and article on adjustion ribbon commands, in the grey area of the ribbon right click and click customize user commands.

If this solved a problem, please click (accept) as solution.‌‌‌‌
Or if this helped you, please, click (like)‌‌
Regards
Alan
Message 3 of 7
jim2W82A7

Alan,  that solved the missing button question, but not the Open screen problem.  If you look closely at the attached full-size screenshot you can see that there is no black triangle on any corner.  There's "Open" on the top left corner, an "X" on the top right corner, and nothing on either lower corner.  There is also neither the "Maximize/Restore Down " box next to the "X" nor the Minimize "-" that next to that.  That's what has me buffaloed.  And this morning I've discovered that the same screen comes up for the "Save as" command.

By the way, this is Inventor Professional 2018.  Sorry I didn't mention that earllier.

Message 4 of 7
ampster40

The Open window does not contain a min/max option in upper right corner, there is only the button with an X on it.  Somehow it appears your Open window maximized some how.  Try holding your cursor over lower right corner of the Open window and see if the mouse cursor changes to allow you to resize the window.  If so then you'll be able to shrink that.

HTH

Message 5 of 7
jim2W82A7

At the left and right edges, the bottom and the lower corners the cursor assumes the "opposed arrows" form as if it will resize the window, but it will not do so.  Also, holding the cursor on the top bar will not reposition the window as normal.

Message 6 of 7
jim2W82A7

I FOUND IT!  When I created the problem I must have, in one grand move, left clicked the Open button, and then accidently right clicked on the word "Open" at the top left corner of the Open window and then accidently left clicked on the Maximize button on the drop-down.  Sometimes I get a little carried away when I'm excited.  So to put things right I right clicked Open and left clicked Restore.   All better!

Message 7 of 7
mluterman

I had the same problem! And it was driving me crazy (and believe me, it's a short drive). Thank you so much for that solution!!! I can grow some hair back now...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report