Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MBD , how do I add an Angle dimension in the 3D annotate view

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
862 Views, 5 Replies

MBD , how do I add an Angle dimension in the 3D annotate view

I'm trying to add all dimension needed with MBD so we do not have to use a 2D drawing.

I'm having difficulty adding certain information to the model.

Ho can I add an Angle dimension between 2 surfaces.

Let's pretend a bullit shaped object..  the body is cylindrical and the end has a point.

That point is a cone, and I would like add the angle of the cone in relation to the side of the cylinder as an MBD in the 3D view.

Anyone has any idea on how to do this?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Cadmanto
in reply to: Anonymous

Would you please post some pics of what you are trying to do?

Want to see your conditions first.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudos are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Cadmanto

Hi @Cadmanto

I highlighted the example surface in Blue

I want to add the angle of the front cone in relation to the cylindrical body directly into the 3DView with the Annotate Dimension tool.

MBD_Angle.jpg

Message 4 of 6
SBix26

@Anonymous You might have to split those surfaces so you have edges to dimension to.  This is essentially what happens in a 2D drawing, I suppose. 

Sam B
Inventor Pro 2019.0.0 | Windows 7 SP1
LinkedIn

Message 5 of 6
Cadmanto

The best way I can think of to do what you are asking would be to create a sketch using the center plane and project geometry using those angles surfaces and create a reference dimension.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudos  are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Cadmanto

Making the sketch visible and then add a 3D dimension annotation for the angle between the 2 lines works.

The annotation is then connected to the sketch , not to the 3D part. But in my case this is ok.

If you do not want to see the sketch you can turn visibility off. The 3D annotations remain visible.

It would be usefull if you can just add angle dimension directly on the 3D model.

I tried in Spaceclaim..  and it works by just selecting the front cone and the body.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report