Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Marking Menu Trace

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
TheCADWhisperer
196 Views, 3 Replies

Marking Menu Trace

I don't recall having an issue with this until 2017 release.

Now I go back and see it in 2015.

Has it always been like this?

Trace.png

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
mcgyvr
in reply to: TheCADWhisperer

Known bug with 2018.. Should be fixed in the next update..

A slight "pause" before you start moving will allow the buttons to come up..

And releasing the mouse button faster will cause the commands to trigger..

But those are just "workarounds" and it will go back to "normal"..  Its still usable just annoying now.. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 4
TheCADWhisperer
in reply to: mcgyvr

@mcgyvr wrote:

Known bug with 2018.. ..... 

But I haven't installed 2018 yet?

And come to think of it, it seems to be fairly recent issue (since March or April) - I don't recall having the issue a year ago.

I have been experimenting with something called "Fusion 360" and I see the issue there as well, where I don't recall seeing it in my experimentation in this "Fusion 360" program over past summers.  Could Fusion 360 be effecting Inventor 2015 and Inventor 2017?

Edit:  I am now running 2017.4 - but if an update caused this behavior in 2017, what explains 2015?  I don't recall on version having any effect on an earlier version in the past.

Message 4 of 4
mcgyvr
in reply to: TheCADWhisperer

@TheCADWhisperer wrote:

@mcgyvr wrote:

Known bug with 2018.. ..... 

But I haven't installed 2018 yet?

And come to think of it, it seems to be fairly recent issue (since March or April) - I don't recall having the issue a year ago.

I have been experimenting with something called "Fusion 360" and I see the issue there as well, where I don't recall seeing it in my experimentation in this "Fusion 360" program over past summers.  Could Fusion 360 be effecting Inventor 2015 and Inventor 2017?

Edit:  I am now running 2017.4 - but if an update caused this behavior in 2017, what explains 2015?  I don't recall on version having any effect on an earlier version in the past.

Ok.. So it seems that the bug that first showed up in Inventor 2018 (as reported a few weeks ago) has now also shown up due to the 2017.4 update and seems to be effecting older versions too..

Its a known bug.. It will be fixed... Its effecting multiple versions..  Autodesk is working on a fix.. 

Playing dumb today too? Smiley Very Happy  "something called Fusion 360" ok....sure....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report