Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

marking menu alias bug

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
m.waller
396 Views, 4 Replies

marking menu alias bug

We are using inventor 2016.

I am having a marking menu General Dimension problem. When I select the Genera Dimension tool by r-click and move through the marking menu and select my line to dimension it goes to alias input after a split second, I can watch the dialog box go grey and the popup appears.

If I r-click and move to the button and click on it this does not happen and the tool behaves as it should.

Any solutions would be appreciated as this is tiresome.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
mcgyvr
in reply to: m.waller

Have you loaded all updates/service packs for 2016?

That issue has been identified already.. Just not sure if it was fixed in SP1 or not.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-general-discussion/marking-menu-focus-issue/m-p/5797579#M5601...

@johnsonshiue (Maybe Johnson can look into this to see if it has been fixed)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 5
m.waller
in reply to: mcgyvr

We have not installed any updates or service packs.

Reading in the other thread it does not sound like there is a solution as of 9/28/15. 

Message 4 of 5
mcgyvr
in reply to: m.waller

@m.waller wrote:

We have not installed any updates or service packs.

Reading in the other thread it does not sound like there is a solution as of 9/28/15. 

Regardless of if its fixed now or not you should always install any updates/service packs as soon as they are available.. (assuming your company doesn't have a schedule or procedure to do that already)

So do it Smiley Very Happy

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 5 of 5
m.waller
in reply to: mcgyvr

My company has not installed service packs yet, this is out of my hands.

However this problem is not fixed in the service packs as of yet 12/1/15 acording to 

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-general-discussion/marking-menu-focus-issue/m-p/5921653#M5704...

thank you for the help however

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report