Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Map a button to select all/check interferences using 3D connexion mousepro

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Shag_Bore
231 Views, 6 Replies

Map a button to select all/check interferences using 3D connexion mousepro

I just got a Spacemouse Pro and am trying to map some of the buttons to perform some of my repetitive tasks. One thing I do often is run the Analyze Interference command. For some reason that command is not in the All commands menu. And when trying to map the select all  function, it doesn't actually select all the parts within the assembly.

Is there keyboard shortcuts to select all parts in an assembly and a shortcut to run the Analyze Interferences, I think I can map it as a macro but i just don't know or can't find the actual shortcuts. 

Thanks!

Sean Farr
Product Designer at Teksign Inc.
Inventor 2016 SP1
Dell Precision 3660
i7-12700 @ 2.40GHz-4.90GHz
32GB DDR5 4400MHz RAM
NIVDIA RTX A2000 6GB
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
mluterman
in reply to: Shag_Bore

There is no one button/hotkey to do that. However, you can try creating a "new macro" (within the 3DConnexion software) and mapping that to a button (if it takes that entire string of keystrokes).

Message 3 of 7
Shag_Bore
in reply to: mluterman

I have tried using CTRL A to select all within an assembly but it doesn't select anything, I can using my mouse an select all by boxing it, but I don't know the keyboard shortcut to that. Also many resources state pressing A is the command for Analyze Interferences but on my workstation it creates a sketch. 

Sean Farr
Inventor 2016 SP1
Dell Precision 3660
32GB DDR5 4400MHz RAM
NIVDIA RTX A2000 6GB
Message 4 of 7
Shag_Bore
in reply to: mluterman

I just stumbled onto this as I replied- Tools->Customize, looks like I can create my keyboard shorts, I re-mapped Analyze Interference to A, now I am going to try and figure out the select all.

keyboard1.PNG

Sean Farr
Inventor 2016 SP1
Dell Precision 3660
32GB DDR5 4400MHz RAM
NIVDIA RTX A2000 6GB
Message 5 of 7
Shag_Bore

Always seems to happen, spend some time trying to figure out, create a post and then of course you figure it out. 

So I went into the Tools->Customize settings

Mapped All in Camera to Alt A

Mapped AnalyzeInterference to A

Then created the following Macro in the 3D connexion app:

keyboard2.png

Works like a charm! Hopefully useful to someone else with similar queries....

Have a good one!

Sean Farr
Inventor 2016 SP1
Dell Precision 3660
32GB DDR5 4400MHz RAM
NIVDIA RTX A2000 6GB
Message 6 of 7
Shag_Bore

spoke too soon, didn't realize until I add more parts to my model that Select "All in Window" only selects visible components that the user can see on their screen. 

I searched around and I can't find a keystroke that mimics me LMB clicking and selecting my assembly. (All parts)

There has to be a option for setting a Keyboard shortcut to accomplish this? Maybe in newer versions? 

I am still able to map the AnalyzeInterference command so I do save a few clicks there.

Thanks!

Sean Farr
Inventor 2016 SP1
Dell Precision 3660
32GB DDR5 4400MHz RAM
NIVDIA RTX A2000 6GB
Message 7 of 7
mluterman

nice work so far!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report