Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LOST WINDOW

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
3770 Views, 6 Replies

LOST WINDOW

I can got get my degree of freedom analysis window to appear. I have gone threw a major amount of trouble shooting ideals. but its no place to be found. i have repair the program, reinstalled and did a full uninstall/ reinstall and the issue is still there. I'm not computer illiterate by any means. So its just rather baffling.  the icon is highlighted as if it is enabled, and i can not select parts as if in enabled, but yet there's no window for it.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Cadmanto
in reply to: Anonymous

Not knowing what your assembly looks like, are you sure it is just not off screen?  Like you are zoomed in too tight?

Can you post a screen shot of what you are seeing?

Windows 10 x64 -16GB Ram
Intel i7-6700 @ 3.41ghz
nVidia GTS 250 - 1 GB
Inventor Pro 2018

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Cadmanto

Doesn't mater what the assembly looks like or how zoomed in i am on the assembly. its a window that pops up. I'm 99% sure its not off screen and you actually cant put it of screen as when you put it off screen exit the command and initiate it again it reopens on your screen. Our in house IT team cant even recreate the issue on a test computer. pic 1 is what I get pic 2 is a different tool in the productivity tool set, that window pops up perfectly fine. I have tried resizing monitors to force out side windows back in, I have cycled windows, windows **** arrow key to move windows, closed the toolbar to see if its hiding down there. again gone through a lot of the standard trouble shooting tasks. Was more wondering if there is some sort of catch file/folder out there that may need to be cleaned out. as I said I did a full uninstall and a full reinstall and this problem is still happening. Also it happens to every assembly and when i check them into our vault and have other users run the tool it works for them.

Message 4 of 7
johnsonshiue

Hi! I am sorry I am missing something. Could you attach the second picture? I am not sure I understand the issue.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 5 of 7
Greatwhitenorth

I know you said you're not computer illiterate, but have you tried this?  If so, please disregard.

Maybe the missing window is on a 'phantom' monitor.

When you're at the point of not seeing the missing window, hold down the <Alt> key, and hit the <spacebar>. A short menu should appear.  Using your arrow keys, highlight Move, then hit <Enter>.  Don't use the mouse, but rather hold down either the left or right arrow key until the dialog appears.  Now you can use the mouse.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Greatwhitenorth

I stopped trying to find it and it just showed up one day. but the steps you listed are what should normally fix the problem.

Message 7 of 7

Thank you!!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report