Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lockfile

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
tis07282015
322 Views, 3 Replies

Lockfile

Please show step by step how to stop creating lockfiles.

I was told as soon as I close Inventor they disappear, some time it does and some time(when am working with different folders) it does not go away, very annoying, really need help (step by step)

Thanks

Sam

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
johnsonshiue
in reply to: tis07282015

Hi! I am not aware of a way to stop creating the .lck file. This file tells Inventor a given file is being edited and it should not be available for edit in a different Inventor session. I do notice that from time to time .lck files are not deleted. If you can reproduce the behavior, please let us know. I have heard some users create system rules to delete .lck files from time to time.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 4
tis07282015
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Thanks for reply. I would like to know about users create system rules to delete .lck files.

Thanks

Message 4 of 4
johnsonshiue
in reply to: tis07282015

Hi! If I recall correctly, it is not much different than manually delete the files. It is like creating a batch .bat file with "del *.lck /s" or something like that. There could be a better way to do that. You will need to ask Windows expert.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report