Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linking different assemblies and their parameters

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
348 Views, 5 Replies

Linking different assemblies and their parameters

I am a junior designer using autodesk inventor for steelwork and I am trying to link two assembies so when one changes, the other follows. How do I link these assemblies and their parameters? I already have the necessary parameters stored so is it a case of duplicating them in the two assemblies and going into iproperties and sub assembly updates. If so, does anyone know the formula that will link them? Thanks
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
CCarreiras
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi!

In the Parameter chart, use the link button. (bottom of the chart) and select the asembly or files to link parameters.

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
blair
in reply to: CCarreiras

I've attached a great PDF on controlling a number of IAM files with a Excel spreadsheet.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: blair

I am unable to read the pdf for some reason, could you send it again please. I am a bit confused as to how to link. I have selected the inventor file I want the parameters to link to but when i update one the other stays the same. Am i doing something wrong? Thanks.
Message 5 of 6
blair
in reply to: Anonymous

It works fine from the link for me but here it is again.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: blair

This is now working thank you. Didnt realise how complex this was. Thanks again.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report