Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lining up warped rows in a parts list

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
504 Views, 5 Replies

Lining up warped rows in a parts list

I have a large parts list that won't comfortably fit on a page without warping it, and effectively making two major columns. This is fine, but for aesthetic purposes, I'm trying to get the rows to line up. Is there a way to see how tall the tallest row is, and define a default row height across the parts list, or some method to get these lines to be collinear (without zooming WAY in, and manually lining up the rows)?

You can see in the screenshot, the black box highlights how the alignment is progressively getting worse. Above the box, I've manually zoomed in as far as the sheet would let me, and dragged the line to match. For a few parts on a parts list, this is no sweat. For larger parts lists, this gets to be a small nuisance.

Untitled.jpg

The only forum I found addressing this issue was back in 2008. Hopefully things have changed since then?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
mcgyvr
in reply to: Anonymous

I don't believe there is a way to "easily" fix that..

The row height is set by the text height + a "row gap" setting in the styles.. However when you get special characters/stacked fractions,etc... that will effect the row heights because they aren't fixed..

The easiest solution  (and one I would recommend) is to separate the 2 split tables so its really no longer an issue.. That also doesn't make it as confusing.. (Its a bit confusing IMO as there is no break between the 2 tables).. Its 2 tables... Treat them as that.. 

and I know.. Sometimes we can be quite "picky" about little stuff like that.. So its hard to just "leave it" and not let it bother you..  But keep them separate and no one will notice.. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

As recommended, I separated them:

Untitled.jpg

It does look a little better, but it still is slightly misaligned at the bottom. Also, the way I did this, I found it a little unproductive. I had to load two different parts list, go to each one, hide half the list (the half that was to be shown on the other parts list), and visually align each one. Is there a better way to do this? I feel, that either I'm not as skilled as I would like to be when it comes to parts lists in a drawing, or Inventor doesn't support the functions I'm looking for.

I think that I might just have to deal with it.

(*suppresses inner OCD personality)

Message 4 of 6
pball

You can right click on a parts list (and other tables) and under the Table option there is Split Table. That will split one table into two. So you can manage everything easily.

Message 5 of 6
swalton

Try the split table command.

See: http://help.autodesk.com/view/INVNTOR/2017/ENU/?guid=GUID-0BE12663-ADC1-4DBC-BA77-B3BDECFC25DA

Steve Walton
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Inventor 2023
Vault Professional 2023
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Awesome. That's good enough for me. I guess whoever sees this parts list is going to have to deal with the subtle line shift... which I think it might only be me, because I know what I'm looking for.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report