Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

licensing crash

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
642 Views, 8 Replies

licensing crash

I know there's a separate installation board, but the answer they give here

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/installation-licensing/autodesk-component-has-stopped-working/td-p/384...

(the gfx card) does not apply to my system, and deleting/renaming the files as they suggest does not help.

In brief when I launch inventor what happens is;

-the splashscreen appears and the progress bar goes to ~25 percent

-the autodesk licensing window appears

-a popup saying "autodesk component has stopped working" appears and the whole shebang crashes to desktop.

Reinstalling the entire PDS(U) did not help. Deleting the files as they describe in that link does nothing but makes them reappear after inventor is launhed.

Many thanks in advance for any help

Joe

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
JDMather
in reply to: Anonymous

I don't see where you state -

- what version of Inventor this is?

- what OS this is?

- condition of AUC and anti-virus during install

- is this a new install, or is it an install that had been working previously, and now this is a new problem

- if this is an old install that was working, did you return to the Windows Restore Point you created after the successful install?

- if this is a new install that never worked, did you find the Autodesk Clean Uninstall instructions (including Registry edits)?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 9
JDMather
in reply to: JDMather

Did you install SP 2 if 2014

or

SP 1 if 2015?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 4 of 9
ChrisMitchell01

Do you have the Internet Explorer Security update KB2977629 installed ? (released several weeks ago).

If so try uninstalling that from Control Panel, Programs, View installed updates, & then retry your activation.

Thanks

Chris

Chris Mitchell
PDMS Customer Engagment Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous

Sorry for the lack of data, I was a little tired last night. To answer your questions; Product Design Suite Ultimate 2015 on win8.1 x64 WITHOUT SP1.

I looked for clean uninstall instructions, there were several. Could you point me to the correct ones for my version please?

Thanks again for your help

EDIT: I have no antivirus besides windows defender, and both windows defender and UAC were on. I will attempt to disable later on this afternoon.

Joe

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: ChrisMitchell01

Will give it a shot later this afternoon

Message 7 of 9
dgorsman
in reply to: Anonymous

Always a good idea to turn them off when installing anything more complex than Notepad.  Most malicious activities are very similar to valid installs so they can get underfoot with the complex installs.  Just don't forget to put them back on later (although many power users leave UAC off).

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: dgorsman

But, isnt running as admin supposed to override uac?

Message 9 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: ChrisMitchell01

Yea that did it 

Wasnt the judge supposed to make  M$ dissassociate IE from the OS? Looks like its a work in progress

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report