Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

letters

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
320 Views, 1 Reply

letters

Hi All,

How do i get the letters and numbers to look the same as in the attached picture.

1. I used a sketch but could not get the thickness in the letters. i used BOLD but it is still not as thick

2. Also how do i get the same effect as the "X" in the picture. How do i remove the inner portion

3. How to i add the number so as to sit above the "X"

Best Regards,

Trent

AI2015

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
LT.Rusty
in reply to: Anonymous

I expect you'll have to create the letters with sketch geometry and then extrude them.  

For the hollow effect on the X, I'd extrude it, then create a new sketch on the top face of the extrusion, project that face and offset in by how thick you want the border to be.  Extrude again in the opposite direction.  (i.e., if your X is raised, then extrude-cut to hollow it out, but if your X was recessed then use extrude-join.)

As for the 25, do the same thing, but you'll probably want to extrude to a different height so that it's offset visually from the X.  (This assumes that you're going to be molding or machining the text in some way, I guess.)

Rusty

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report