Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

leaf springs

15 REPLIES 15
Message 1 of 16
Anonymous
1849 Views, 15 Replies

leaf springs

Hi folks,
Is there a way to simulate the flexion of a leaf spring under load?

Thanks for your assistance

Randy
15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Oh don't I wish. The only thing I have done is model the pack both ways...free height and loaded. "rfowler24" wrote in message news:5380259.1084995306165.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Hi folks, > Is there a way to simulate the flexion of a leaf spring under load? > > Thanks for your assistance > > Randy
Message 3 of 16
Anonymous

Look at the Scissor.iam, in the Sample files that came with Inventor. Mike "rfowler24" wrote in message news:5380259.1084995306165.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Hi folks, > Is there a way to simulate the flexion of a leaf spring under load? > > Thanks for your assistance > > Randy
Message 4 of 16
Anonymous

Here is a sample Gabriel "rfowler24" wrote in message news:5380259.1084995306165.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Hi folks, > Is there a way to simulate the flexion of a leaf spring under load? > > Thanks for your assistance > > Randy
Message 5 of 16
Anonymous

Sort of. You can use adaptivity to deform the spring relative to the axle position. It's a real memory hog but could be used to create an avi. I have an old example of an adaptive coil spring if you're interested. Pat
Message 6 of 16
Anonymous

Nice one!! "Gabriel" wrote in message news:40abc3dc_1@newsprd01... > Here is a sample > > Gabriel > > > "rfowler24" wrote in message > news:5380259.1084995306165.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > > Hi folks, > > Is there a way to simulate the flexion of a leaf spring under load? > > > > Thanks for your assistance > > > > Randy > > >
Message 7 of 16
Anonymous

That's pretty cool. Here is another challenge for you. What I'm actually trying to do is demonstrate the action of a reed type switch on a test fixture. In other words, one end is anchored, the free end flexes uniformly when contacted by a pin, and the overall length remains constant. Maybe too much to ask??? The scissors model is promising but I won't be able to drive it with an angle constraint. I will have to try to make it adapt with a transitional constraint?

Thanks for your responses and help.

Randy
Message 8 of 16
Anonymous

I guess this is what u want (see attachment). It's not a clean assy , I just updated the previous one. Gabriel "rfowler24" wrote in message news:6224597.1085051218459.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > That's pretty cool. Here is another challenge for you. What I'm actually trying to do is demonstrate the action of a reed type switch on a test fixture. In other words, one end is anchored, the free end flexes uniformly when contacted by a pin, and the overall length remains constant. Maybe too much to ask??? The scissors model is promising but I won't be able to drive it with an angle constraint. I will have to try to make it adapt with a transitional constraint? > > Thanks for your responses and help. > > Randy
Message 9 of 16
Anonymous

Thanks for your help Gabriel, that is exactly what I need. That is pretty cool.

Randy
Message 10 of 16
HenrikGraversen

Hi,

I would love to see your adaptive coil spring.

Henrik Graversen
Message 11 of 16
Anonymous

i like how you did this....however...when you bend it your changing the part. in an ipt. what command do you use to make the part itself flexible?

attached is a part that is definatly sheet metal and needs spring action, any help?
Message 12 of 16
Anonymous

im using version 10 by the way
Message 13 of 16
gabrielgavrila

Hi Randy,

Can you please post the leaf spring sample if you still have it?

Thanks

Gabriel

Message 14 of 16
JDMather
in reply to: gabrielgavrila

This thread is 10-yrs old, I don't think these users are around any more.

Can you attach the assembly of what you have completed so far?

There are others ways to accomplish this in later releases. 

What release of Inventor are you using?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 15 of 16
blair
in reply to: JDMather

The last post Randy made was in March of 2008

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 16 of 16
gabrielgavrila
in reply to: JDMather

I'm using inventor Professional 2015,  I'm trying to stretch a part in an assembly when I drag it, like an elastic band, section can stay same.

I posted that sample with something similar when I replyed to Randy 10 years ago, but I forgot how I did it (getting old).

I appreciate your help.

Gabriel

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report