Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leader Format

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
440 Views, 9 Replies

Leader Format

LEADER.png

Can anyone tell me what property in the styles editor changes the length of this leader line? I've been looking around in the styles editor without success.

Thanks,

Matt

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
cbenner
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous  I can't find anything that changes the default either.... but you can drag it after placing the note.  It's weird, there are several things in the leader styles that LOOK like they should affect that, but none of them made any difference.

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: cbenner

Glad I'm not the only one... I know about manually repositioning it, but it can be a real pain. I will watch this post and see if anyone comes up with an answer.

Message 4 of 10
mcgyvr

I don't see where its adjustable in the styles..

Out of curiosity.. Why do you need to change it?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: mcgyvr

I use leaders attached to item number balloons to add item descriptions. I do this with a leader because I can easily change the color of the leader, and balloon to draw attention to an item in my service manuals. I am aware that I can manually change these lengths, but using a leader per balloon leads to a lot of leaders to adjust. In the attached image, the text next to the balloon is the leader text, my leader style has a thin white line. I use a shaded model, with a "Paper White" design view to create the shading of the components.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous

I use leaders attached to item number balloons to add item descriptions. I do this with a leader because I can easily change the color of the leader, and balloon to draw attention to an item in my service manuals. I am aware that I can manually change these lengths, but using a leader per balloon leads to a lot of leaders to adjust. In the attached image, the text next to the balloon is the leader text, my leader style has a thin white line. I use a shaded model, with a "Paper White" design view to create the shading of the components.   LEADER.png

Message 7 of 10
mcgyvr

@Anonymous

Attachment didn't come through..

Not sure if you knew this but you can automatically place balloons with the description vs an item number.. 

That ways its just the normal balloon process and the description will show up instead of item number,etc...

Not sure if that would help make it easier/eliminate the manual process for you.. (when I see the attachment that may become clear)

edit.. attachment fixed in the second post..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Message 8 of 10
mcgyvr

Like this..

dualballoon.PNG

Message 9 of 10
Daniel248

When adding your Leader to the Balloon, try double-clicking (on the edge of the balloon) without moving the mouse, and add your text.

This usually creates a '0 Length' leader.

I use this a lot too, for attaching various info to a part balloon, like torque settings for fasteners, etc.

Formatting the text justification (left, right, top, etc.) gives us further refinements for the position of the text relative to the balloon.

(I forgot to add: If you hover the mouse a bit before double-clicking, connecting points will appear on the balloon, at the quadrants...)

Message 10 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: Daniel248

I did not know the "double click" zero length leader. That seems to work well. It just seems that there should be an easier way, because depending on which side of the balloon you are on, you have to reverse the justification... I wish all of our parts were entered with the descriptions needed, but these change from job to job and customer to customer.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report