Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IV2020 - Sheet metal iFeature cut distance

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Scott_Stubbington
243 Views, 5 Replies

IV2020 - Sheet metal iFeature cut distance

Hello, 🙂

I've created an iFeature and I removed Thickness(0.9 mm) as Inventor felt it was a question to be asked, having created the the iFeature I tested it and it cut to the depth of 0.9 mm, I changed the Sheet Metal Thickness and the cut depth remained unchanged.  Is it possible to always use Thickness as a Cut depth in an iFeature without being a question/prompt?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Scott

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Assuming you defined your cut/removal using a simple extrude, you had to type in that distance somewhere, and you could simply use the "Thickness" parameter instead into the same field as a formula. Extract the iFeature as such and you should be ok.

Galaxybane_0-1645713167115.png

Message 3 of 6

In the picture there is the Size Parameters section, I have removed the prompt "Enter Thickness" as I wanted the iFeature to pick up the parameter "Thickness" from the file in which the iFeature is placed, unfortunately Inventor seems to need a numerical value or prompt in there somewhere.  I hope that makes sense. 

Message 4 of 6

Ok, I just replaced here "Enter Thickness" with "Thickness" and it worked fine. The parameter is acquired and the dimensions (in my picture d1) that rely on it will still keep the same formula (half, in my case).
Message 5 of 6

Hello, 😁

Thank you fella/bud/mate... delete as appropriate. 😊 

It's funny in that we edit the prompt and delete the "Prompt " text leaving just "Thickness" without actually deleting the Question and Inventor not only doesn't ask the question but also finds the Parameter I need.

Many thanks for your help. 😊

Scott

Message 6 of 6

This is why so many companies are looking for UI/UX designers, lol...

You're welcome bud.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report