Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ISSUES WITH TRANSFER WIZARD

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
avaya2012
309 Views, 4 Replies

ISSUES WITH TRANSFER WIZARD

We are going to be making a new title block and I have been looking at ways to get the new title block into the old drawings.  I have been searching through the forums and it looks like the Inventor Drawing and Resource Wizard is the way to go.

The steps seem pretty straight forward and simple but I am not getting the correct results.  For the source drawing I select my new title block and leave the boxes for borders, my new title block name, and sketched symbols checked.  I then pick my drawing I want to get the new title block in.  On the last step I can select Yes or No and get the same results.  When I reopen Inventor and the drawing it still has the old title block in it.  I must be missing a step somewhere.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: avaya2012

Are you sure the title block names are the same?

Message 3 of 5
avaya2012
in reply to: Anonymous

No they are not the same.  I guess I was not aware that they needed to be the same.  I basically wanted to make a whole new title block to transfer into our old drawings while still keeping the current title block in case we need to go back to it.

Is this not possible?  Maybe I am not understanding exactly how this works?  My understanding was that I could make a new title block (basically modify the current one) and transfer it into our existing drawing files without having to remake each print using the new template.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

I believe the names have to be the same in order for the transfer wizard to replace in the target.

Message 5 of 5
SBix26

It should be fairly simple to do, though.  In your template, rename the old TB to a different name (TB1-old, for example), then rename the new TB to the old name.  Now you can replace title blocks using the transfer wizard, and you still have the old title block in your template file when needed.  The wizard will copy all resources that you choose, so you could also copy the old TB along with the new one.  Look in the Drawing Resources folder at the top of the drawing browser-- this is where the borders, title blocks and sketched symbols are stored, and where the Drawing Resource Transfer Wizard copies them.  Replacing the current title blocks in the drawing is just a natural result of copying new TB definitions into the resources folder.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report