Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with placing mates

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
263 Views, 3 Replies

Issues with placing mates

Inventor 2016:

I have two parts mated together.

I change the length of one of the parts - I loose the flush mate between the two parts.

I have to find that mate edit them (change nothing ) hit ok. Then the parts re mate.

Why do you have to perform all of the steps outlined. The parts original mated parts should remain in tact. 

I would appreciate someones time and perhaps outline a faster application. I mate parts together all day long and I am starting to talk to myself ....

Thanks

Barzzy

Autodesk inventor 2016 mating issue.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
mflayler
in reply to: Anonymous

I seem to remember Sheet Metal ends having this problem but it was around adaptivity, not just normal mates.  In what what you modifying the part that the face changes?  Simple Edit? Adding an additional Face?  Normally when the face changes internal IDs the mate gets lost but in your case the mate is maintained, you just have to edit it for Inventor to re-establish it.

Also are you up on all SPs and hotfixes for Inventor 2016?

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

Mark Flayler - Engagement Engineer

IMAGINiT Manufacturing Solutions Blog: https://resources.imaginit.com/manufacturing-solutions-blog

Message 3 of 4
TheCADWhisperer
in reply to: Anonymous

It should Rebuild for you automatically, but since it isn't, try Rebuild or Manage>Rebuild All.

Message 4 of 4
mcgyvr
in reply to: TheCADWhisperer

@TheCADWhisperer wrote:

It should Rebuild for you automatically, but since it isn't, try Rebuild or Manage>Rebuild All.

Usually just the "local update" lightning bolt works for me but some I do a rebuild all.. One of those 2 ALWAYS takes care of it..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report