Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there at way to make inventor round measurements on 2D drawind up/down to nearest fives?

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
mbpUYRD7
216 Views, 9 Replies

Is there at way to make inventor round measurements on 2D drawind up/down to nearest fives?

My boss doesn't like numbers there doesn't end with Zero of Five, where the precision aren't needed.

My questoin is, is there at way to make inventor round measurements on 2D drawings up/down to nearest fives?
so that meausrements like 522 are changed to 520, and 438 are changed to 440?

I know, I just can overwrite med measurements manually, but that is very "dangerous", as the measurements then not will update, if the parts are edited.

An example:
mbpUYRD7_0-1725363396963.png

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
johan.degreef
in reply to: mbpUYRD7

No, but you can add your request to this idea.

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-ideas/precicion-primary-unit/idi-p/12482819

a checkbox "0&5" should do.

Inventor 20250, Vault Professional 2025, Autocad Plant 3D 2024
Message 3 of 10
mbpUYRD7
in reply to: johan.degreef

OK, thank you very much for your reply, even though is isn't what I hoped for 😉

I have done as you suggested, added my request and voted for the idea you linked to.

Message 4 of 10
Frederick_Law

@mbpUYRD7 wrote:

My questoin is, is there at way to make inventor round measurements on 2D drawings up/down to nearest fives?

I know, I just can overwrite med measurements manually, but that is very "dangerous", as the measurements then not will update, if the parts are edited.

Been there, done that a few times.

Tell your boss to follow ISO, ANSI and ASME standard.

You're 1000% correct on not overriding dimension in drawing.

If dimension really doesn't matter just model them to that dimension.

Message 5 of 10

Hi, You can try such iLogic Rule

(instead "RndTo = 5" you can use other number, forex, 10)

' *** Alexander Chernikov, KHADI, 2023-0404 ***
Sub Main() ' Round_Dim_Up to 5
  Dim oDoc As DrawingDocument = ThisApplication.ActiveDocument
  Dim oSheet As Sheet = oDoc.ActiveSheet
  Dim oDrDim As DrawingDimension = ThisApplication.CommandManager.Pick(kDrawingDimensionFilter, "Select Dimension")
  Dim RndTo As Integer = 5
  Dim dPrec As Double = RndTo / 10 ' in iLogic dimension in cm!
  oDrDim.Precision = 0
  oDrDim.OverrideModelValue = Int(oDrDim.ModelValue / dPrec + 1) * dPrec
  oDrDim.Text.FormattedText = "<DimensionValue/>" + "*"
End Sub

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts! | Відповідь корисна? Клікніть на "ВПОДОБАЙКУ" цім повідомленням!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click "ACCEPT SOLUTION" button. | На ваше запитання відповіли? Натисніть кнопку "ПРИЙНЯТИ РІШЕННЯ"

Олександр Черніков / Alexander Chernikov

EESignature

Facebook | LinkedIn

Message 6 of 10
CGBenner

@mbpUYRD7 Did the information provided answer your question? If so, please use Accept Solution so that others may find this in the future. Thank you very much!

Chris Benner
Industry Community Manager – Design & Manufacturing

If a response answers your question, please use  ACCEPT SOLUTION  to assist other users later.

Also be generous with Likes!  Thank you and enjoy!

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider
Inventor/Beta Feedback Project
Message 7 of 10
mbpUYRD7
in reply to: Frederick_Law

We have inhouse production, so my boss do (with good reason) not care that much about those standards, only those there makes sense for our production, and those precise measurements doesn't really, they only serve to make the people in the production waste time cutting the pipes in precise measurements instead of nice round numbers.

I know I can write me out of that in the 2D with tolerances and stuff like that.. but it would still be really nice, if it were possible to make Inventor just put the numbers in 5' and 10's, so hopefully that option will be added at some point of time.

I do for most part make the models in 5´s and 10's, but sometimes that aren't possible in the 3D, because of pipes going in an angle, or being attatched to fittings and other bought parts there aren't in 5's and 10's, making it impossible to make it all constraints fit, if all the pipes are made in 5's and 10's, but we are working with pipes there in real life can be bend a little and thereby easily can be made fit where they shall fit, even it they are a few milimeters of.

Message 8 of 10

That suggestion looks interesting, but I do unfortunately not know anything about that kind of iLogic rules, like where to put that code or how to use it.

Message 9 of 10

Hi,

1. near Model tab press "+" and select "iLogic"

Alexander_Chernikov_1-1726060548238.png

2. In iLogic tab click RMB on Drawing and select "Add Rule"

Alexander_Chernikov_2-1726060641746.png

3. Enter Rule name and insert given code into

Alexander_Chernikov_3-1726061001671.png

then Save it and Close window

4. Than You can run it by RMB

Alexander_Chernikov_4-1726061057323.png

More information about iLogic at

https://help.autodesk.com/view/INVNTOR/2025/ENU/?guid=GUID-AB9EE660-299E-408F-BBE1-AFE44C723F59

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts! | Відповідь корисна? Клікніть на "ВПОДОБАЙКУ" цім повідомленням!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click "ACCEPT SOLUTION" button. | На ваше запитання відповіли? Натисніть кнопку "ПРИЙНЯТИ РІШЕННЯ"

Олександр Черніков / Alexander Chernikov

EESignature

Facebook | LinkedIn

Message 10 of 10

Thank you very much for the explanation. I appreciate it 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report