Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ipn. presentation tricks.

14 REPLIES 14
Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
439 Views, 14 Replies

ipn. presentation tricks.

Sorry for a screenshot it is my fault.

Now  a made a screenshot with  JPEG so, everybody can open it.

My question is, how can i make this robot grip arms moving together an oposit direction at the same time?

Your help is appreciated.

Thank you.

Attila CsigeROBOT-GRIP.jpg

14 REPLIES 14
Message 1 of 15
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi.

I need to know how can i move in the opposite direction of my robot arms  at the same time.

Here is the screen  shot.

Message 2 of 15
Mark.Lancaster

@Anonymous

Screen shots?  No screen shots provided however you provide the Inventor IPN file which only contains the links to your model.  We would need all the files associated to it.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

Sorry I didn't know.

I made a jpeg screenshot here it is.

Sorry again.

Thank you for your help.

Attila

=========================
Message 4 of 15
Mark.Lancaster

@Anonymous wrote:

I made a jpeg screenshot here it is.

=========================

No screenshot again..  Are you replying with your email system?  If so..  Don't..  Come back to the forums and use the photo tool..

Mark Lancaster

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 5 of 15
mcgyvr

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi.

I need to know how can i move in the opposite direction of my robot arms  at the same time.

Here is the screen  shot.

I'm going to assume that we may need more information too (besides the screen shot)...

As written I'm expecting a model of you in the assembly and I kind of doubt thats the case (could be I guess)..

It would help to be clear about what specifically you want to move in the opposite direction of the robot arms..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 7 of 15
Mark.Lancaster

@Anonymous

Why are you posting again https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-forum/ipn-presentation-tricks/td-p/7911924 when you already had a posting?

Like @mcgyvr said in the other posting..  How are these arms supposed to move?   Left to right, up/down, rotate and etc..

Mark Lancaster

Message 8 of 15
mcgyvr

First.. I don't think the IPN environment is the correct environment to use for your desired outcome..

But....symmetry constraint is how you would ensure that they stay symmetrical to the middle plane of the assembly..

Then you can drive another constraint to move them about their rotational axis.. 

(and yes I did make an assumption that this is not a parallel gripper but that they rotate on an axis like the holes above them)

If parallel then just drive a mate constraint 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Message 9 of 15
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: mcgyvr

Which brings me to another question..

You first started a posting https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-forum/presentation/m-p/7909396#M689790 the other day..  Is this related to this question?  In the end are you trying to animate your robot?  If yes, IPN is not the tool for this.  You would want to use Inventor studio if you need to drive more than one constraint and animate your robot.

Mark Lancaster

Message 10 of 15
mcgyvr

@Mark.Lancaster wrote:

Which brings me to another question..

You first started a posting https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-forum/presentation/m-p/7909396#M689790 the other day..  Is this related to this question?  In the end are you trying to animate your robot?  If yes, IPN is not the tool for this.  You would want to use Inventor studio if you need to drive more than one constraint and animate your robot.

Based on that it seems that IPN is the proper environment..As they intend to show its assembly process..

And if so you can ignore my above comment/direction about using symmetry constraints/drive constraints..

If you are trying to show it being taken apart/assembled then you simply apply 2 tweaks.. 1 to each finger and make them happen at the same time in the timeline of the IPN by dragging them to be occurring at the same time..

Message 11 of 15
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: mcgyvr

@mcgyvr

I guess it all depends on what the end goal is..  It may fit well under the IPN environment or not.. 

Anyhow..  I'm right you're wrong (as always)..  Smiley Very Happy

Mark Lancaster

Message 12 of 15
Anonymous

Sorry for a misunderstanding.

My fault. This two arm moving from the pivot points starting parallel, end move out both 30 degrees and close  simulteniously  together.

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous

This two arm has a small red dot for an identification.

The arm holder has a bigger red dot.

The "arms" recent position is closed.

With the open position they are moving left and right from the pivot points.

The arm holder two smaller whole on the top will be a mounting points to
the robot.

It is just a demonstration purpose, no physical device between the two arms.

Thank you.

Attila

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous

Hi.

The goal of this only for demonstration purpose.

There is no physical connection between the left and the right arm.

Thank you.

Attila.

===========

Message 15 of 15
mcgyvr

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi.

The goal of this only for demonstration purpose.

There is no physical connection between the left and the right arm.

Thank you.

Attila.

===========

Symmetrical constraint to keep each "arm" symmetrical to the midplane of the "hand"

Then drive an angle constraint between one arm and the midplane to open/close the gripper..

Post your iam and all ipt files (zip them up) if you need help setting those up..

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report