Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ipart mass update problem in inventor

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
883 Views, 4 Replies

ipart mass update problem in inventor

HI team

I have a problem with ipart , I have a drafting done for a bush but it doesn't update the weight as I have provided a link in tremplate it works for all other parts except iparts

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
mdavis22569
in reply to: Anonymous

You need to generate it ... and then update mass and save it.

Or save all of the versions into an Assembly and save that dummy assembly and then it'll show up 

As shown here:

mass.PNG

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
Thomas_Savage
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello @Anonymous

From your .idw printscreen it looks like you need to update the drawing.

click the update button i have circled in red, io my printscreen.

Then this will update your model.

Thomas.

Update IDW.png

Thomas Savage

Design Engineer

Message 4 of 5
mdavis22569
in reply to: mdavis22569

You just need to open the iPart member file individually and go to Manage -> Update Mass and Save. N/A will go away.

Or, you can simply drop these members to a dummy assembly and then update -> Manage -> Update Mass and Save. This will take care of multiple members.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: mdavis22569

@mdavis22569 Thank you it worked , it was a one the part in my assembly , I couldn't share the whole assembly due to company policy but why doesn't it update in that assembly itself and I need to create a dummy assembly just for bush ? is that a bug with inventor or is it how the ipart works ? because it theirs more parts its just time consuming , do they solve this issue in next update ?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report