Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor vs. Siemens NX

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
2421 Views, 4 Replies

Inventor vs. Siemens NX

Hello, are there any experiences from users regarding Inventor and NX? My main concern is the versioning of components and the use of these versions in different assemblies without replacing each individual component.

I've only heard bad experiences from Vault. Teamcenter great for NX but Inventor only to a limited extent. And no support at Inventor ...

Can someone speak of their experiences?

thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
SharkDesign
in reply to: Anonymous

I don't have experience of what you are talking about, but NX is much better at surfacing than inventor.

Expert Elite
  Inventor Certified Professional
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: SharkDesign

Do you use revisions for your Inventor parts?
Message 4 of 5
SharkDesign

Yes, vault handles all that.

Expert Elite
  Inventor Certified Professional
Message 5 of 5
Gabriel_Watson

If anyone complains about interactions between Vault and Inventor, try asking someone who set up Siemens Teamcenter solution instead, and you will see it is a nightmare to build everything on top.
I cannot disclose our company's struggles freely, but guaranteed NX and TeamCenter will cost you more and require a lot more people to setup, whereas Vault can be implemented in a week or less with a value-added reseller (VAR) that can do most of the troubleshooting as well.

I often repeat that Inventor is ideal for furniture design because it is simple to use and learn, but suffers as the design becomes more complex. I heard similar things of Solidworks but I believe NX and PTC Creo are one step above in functionality for the user. However, that comes at a price, and with Vault we do have ways to manage previous revisions/versions in different assemblies. I am pretty sure you can get very good examples and demos from a local VAR or Autodesk itself if you contact them. This is probably a better question to ask in the Vault forum as I see it as a PDM issue.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report