Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor viewer

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
354 Views, 3 Replies

Inventor viewer

I share files with customers and partners who don't have Inventor. I guess that's most of you too.

I found this 3 year old post about Design Review vs Inventor Viewer

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-forum/inventor-viewer-or-design-review/m-p/3840847

The conclusion was that DWF was the way to go as it is one file to share and the viewer is easier on computer hardware.

Personally I think Design Review is great in terms of one file wrapper but stinks in terms of ease of use once you have the model open.

I have also used A360. I have used this on my phone for viewing and it is great but I don't like that the Android app has much poorer frame rates and draw speed than displaying the same model on the same phone in Chrome. I also don't like that the share side panel in Inventor is really temperamental and often tells me I have no design shares.

What are other people's preferences, recommendations and comments?

edit: I should have added that I also found this page for comparing viewers

http://www.autodesk.com/viewers/all-viewers

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
mcgyvr
in reply to: Anonymous

Depending on your needs I might look into using 3d PDFs instead..(Assuming you have 2017 up to date with all service packs because of bugs with it when it first came out).. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: mcgyvr

Thanks for the tip. I tried the pdf export before updating inventor and gave up on it. I can't get the 3d view to work on Adobe Acrobat reader mobile though.
Message 4 of 4
mcgyvr
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks for the tip. I tried the pdf export before updating inventor and gave up on it. I can't get the 3d view to work on Adobe Acrobat reader mobile though.

Don't think mobile supports 3d objects.. Desktop only I believe.. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report