Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor Vault 2023

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
jtomacE9CA2
168 Views, 4 Replies

Inventor Vault 2023

I modified a part, saved and checked the part, assembly into Vault.

A coworker and I work in the same model.  He opened and checked out the solid model after I checked in the assembly.

The part reverted back to the original part (i.e. the part I modified, saved and checked in was over written by the previous version).  

Can someone let me know why this happened?  

This isn't the 1st time this has happened.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
blandb
in reply to: jtomacE9CA2

Just out of curiosity, did he already have the file local on his machine, then opened the model again expecting to see the change with out "refreshing" the model? Or, did he "open from vault" and then it pulled the files down fresh and the old version was there?

Autodesk Certified Professional
Message 3 of 5
jtomacE9CA2
in reply to: blandb

We always open from Vault and download fresh.

A thought I have is somehow his Local Files are overwriting the Vault File.  Not sure how to check his settings regarding this.

In the past, when we encountered this issue, we would just have him clear his local files out before opening Vault.  I see that as a bandage instead of solving the issue.

Message 4 of 5
blandb
in reply to: jtomacE9CA2

Have you checked the version history in vault to make sure the mod was checked in? Maybe the file was modified locally as read only, but the modifications were never actually checked in? Just a thought.

Autodesk Certified Professional
Message 5 of 5

What do you see when you delete your own local workspace copies and Get/download them from Vault? If the part has your modifications as expected, then you did the check-in correctly. If your coworker has not downloaded the files properly, or the assembly relationships are not pointing to the updated part, there could be problems in your process of checking in and out. We would need more information to troubleshoot, but 99.9% of times this is a process issue and not a software issue.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report