Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor to BIM 360 Interoperability advice

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
3D4Play
252 Views, 0 Replies

Inventor to BIM 360 Interoperability advice

I'm working in Inventor, my client is working in BIM360. I'm told I need desktop connect in order to link to the BIM360 files - OK, no problem.

In my Inventor workflow I need the Revit project origin or a small workset of specific geometry so I can constrain my inventor origin to - or, in some way constrain my geometry to the Revit Geometry. Ideal for me is that I am delivering an Inventor export file that is constrained to a Revit file that can then be dropped into the BIM360 environment. I don't care about bidirectional updates, that's on the BIM360 team. I fully expect to download one set of Revit files, do my Inventor thing, and then I'm finished with a single upload to BIM360, and no need for back and forth between the two environments.

I'm also aware of a workflow by which I install and run Revit, dump down the BIM360 files into my local Revit file, then bidirectionally link the Revit file to Inventor via anycad - which doesn't work very well, but OK I'll keep trying. In doing any of this what else besides Desktop Connector do I need? With the proper permissions from the BIM360 admin, I'm told I can get access without paying money for anything on my end, and I'm told I can directly connect to that directory via Desktop Connect.

Anyone here have any experience with this? I took a quick trip over to the BIM360 forum, and was nonplussed by a stunning dearth of information over there, on a few threads that actually said "Inventor Interoperability with BIM 360"

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report