Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor Styles and Standars cross contamination?

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
jeffrey.s.barrero
294 Views, 5 Replies

Inventor Styles and Standars cross contamination?

Good afternoon everyone

Ive created a "Clean" Styles and Standards thru the Autodesk Inventor Style Library Manager, and removed all standards with the exception of Standard (ANSI) to use as a starting point. Is it possible and reasonable to avoid contamination of data from outside vendors?

My thought is to share our Styles and Standards export file with our vendors, and ask them to use it while creating content for us. Our goal is to avoid having as an option within our files, data or standards from third parties and this way maintain our format across with out changes.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Hi Jeffrey,

I think you are talking about the ability to lock styles. Unfortunately, we don't have a workflow to do that. The issue here is that the styles are actually stored in two places. One is in the document itself and the other one is in the library. You can lock the library. However, when the style is used within a document, it becomes local. The user can pretty much change anything he likes, which can lead to discrepancy.

There is a way to "push" the styles from the library to individual files. If you are interested, I can show you the workflow.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 6

Thank you @johnsonshiue

Would it be possible to scale this to a support case? I like to make sure I am completely understanding, and to be certain of the options available to us.

Please let me know, how I may do this.

Message 4 of 6

Hi Jeffrey,

Please feel free to contact Subscription Support and report it as a case. You can simply refer to this thread.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 5 of 6

@jeffrey.s.barrero 

Not sure if the attached info will be helpful but its based on a Autodesk University class @cbenner and I did a couple of years ago.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 6 of 6

Thank you @johnsonshiue and @Mark.Lancaster for your support.

Unfortunately, I will be reaching out to Autodesk support for assistance in this effort. The complexity of what we are trying to accomplish is rather complex and intricate, that it will be more efficient to share all needs and go thru one by one.

Thank you again for all your help and support.

Wish you both a great day

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report