Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor still running in task Manager after closing. Will not allow save.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Brian.Price
592 Views, 8 Replies

Inventor still running in task Manager after closing. Will not allow save.

I've seen other releases of Inventor have had issues with the process hanging in the task manager but I am unable to find out why 2021 is doing it and if there is a fix.

When I close Inventor 2021 there is an "Autodesk Inventor 2021" process still running in the task manager. If I open the file I was working on it opens a new Inventor and when I try to save it says that it is still open. When I close the old process I can then save the file. 

It does this for every instance of Inventor that I open. I tried running as administrator and that had no affect either.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
sgwilliams
in reply to: Brian.Price

Try this to see if it fixes your issue:

• Open Inventor
  • Use it as you normally would.
  • Then when your ready to close it hold the ctrl key down on your keyboard and click the "X" in the upper right corner of the Inventor Window.

This is a default application window reset that you can use with any Microsoft OS since Win98. It's worth a try, probably won't fix it but stranger things and all that.

Work Station : Custom built, Liquid Cooled, Asus Pro WS X570-ACE Motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core Processor; ASUS TUF Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 V2 OC Edition Video Card; 32 GB CORSAIR Dominator Platinum DDR4-2132 Memory ; Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD Drive.
Message 3 of 9
Brian.Price

Thanks for the tip, unfortunately it didn't work.

Message 4 of 9
f_calebh

This happens to me all the time with 2020. Vault thinks I have two sessions of Inventor open and it's because there's a background process that didn't end when closing out of the Inventor application earlier in the day. 

Message 5 of 9
Brian.Price
in reply to: f_calebh

I've had it happen before when I used 2018. But this is happening every time I close Inventor. I'm currently working on 21 different files with various different projects. So it's a lot of annoyance.

Message 6 of 9
johnsonshiue

Hi Folks,

Could you confirm that you all run Vault? Does it happen if Vault Add-In is unloaded?

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: johnsonshiue

No, I am not using vault. I'll check to see if it's installed but I don't believe it is.

Message 8 of 9
Brian.Price
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Vault isn't being used, and vault isn't installed.

Message 9 of 9
hansDPQMN
in reply to: sgwilliams

works perfectly

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report