Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor Sample Files

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Totka_Ivanova
810 Views, 1 Reply

Inventor Sample Files

Hi all

I was just looking at the Inventor Sample Files | Inventor | Autodesk Knowledge Network , in particular BrewMain-Drawing-ModelState.zip and trying to make it work. 

It says that this sample can:

• Generate assembly configurations dynamically using iLogic Assembly functions
  • Create a drawing with dimensions for the top assembly
  • Create drawing files or sheets for assembly components
  • Set dimension style and dimension color in drawing files
  • Save all documents (see note above)
  • Close all drawing documents (see note above)

The ReadMe file explains really well how to load the form with all the rules, however nothing after that. I can't make it create drawing files or sheets for the assembly components for example, I can only create a drawing for the top assembly. I was wondering if someone's done it and if you can explain how it's supposed to be done. 

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
A.Acheson
in reply to: Totka_Ivanova

Unfortunately I do not have Inv 2022 so I cannot check the files. Looking at the readme file and the images of the configurator form it looks like it should be self contained and create the drawings. However without seeing the driver rules in the assembly document it can be hard to say. Can you possibly copy the iLogic rules from the assembly file and paste them here? This way we can see what could be missing in the setup to carry out the drawing creation. Have you received any error messages? Can you also uncheck update assembly check box  just in case it might be stopping the drawing creation? Have you the project file active?

If possible record a video of the what your experiencing when operating the rules. Some images of any error messages will help too. 

If this solved a problem, please click (accept) as solution.‌‌‌‌
Or if this helped you, please, click (like)‌‌
Regards
Alan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report