Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor reference problem

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
anthony_hendrick
424 Views, 5 Replies

Inventor reference problem

Hi all,

I am trying to export an assembly as a simplified part.

However no file is generated when I try to use the simplified part function.

The problem is linked with the fact that one of the parts of my assembly is linked with an old file which has been deleted. I don't know how to remove the link between these files or even how to find which component of the part in particular is linked with this deleted part file. 

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance 

Anthony Hendrick

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Hi Anthony,

The behavior does not sound right to me. If possible, please share the files here or send them to me directly johnson.shiue@autodesk.com.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 6
SBix26
in reply to: anthony_hendrick

I don't know how to figure out which part has the dead link in it, but a tool is available to help with that and to break links that exist.  In the Tools tab, Options panel is a tool named Manage Links.  If there are no OLE links in the file (to images or Excel files, for example), the tool button is gray and non-functional.  If there are OLE links, then the the button is active, and the resultant dialog box allows you to break links that exist in the file.

Note that this is not for links to Inventor files, such as derive or adaptive relationships; those are managed by other means.

Sam B
Inventor Pro 2021.1.1 | Windows 10 Home 2004
LinkedIn

Message 4 of 6

Thanks for your replies.

I have attached the assembly file zipped up to give you a better idea of what's going on. I am using Inventor 2021.

Thanks !

Anthony

Message 5 of 6

Small precision, I have traced the problem back to part file "LR_CRA_Panneau BFUP A-15(P3)_Lames.ipt"

Message 6 of 6

Hi! Indeed, there is a missing reference in LR_CRA_Panneau BFUP A-15(P3)_Lames.ipt. Open the file and go to Parameters folder. You will see a part was linked to the Parameters table but it cannot be found.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report