Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor Pro 2019 CTD on startup

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
mrattray
1206 Views, 5 Replies

Inventor Pro 2019 CTD on startup

I last used Inventor successfully 1-2 weeks ago, but went to use it yesterday and it comes up with the splash screen. The loading bar gets about 1/3 of the way across and then it crashes to the "submit error report screen". I've submitted those reports so if an employee is interested I'll PM the e-mail address I submitted them under. Following are details and steps I took to try and remedy the problem. 

Inventor Pro 2019, NFR license, all updates applied

Windows 10 Home v. 1803

AMD 8350, 8GB RAM (I get occasional faults [BSOD stop errors] from the RAM, I think I need to replace it but that started happening long before I started having problems with Inventor), Samsung SSD, Nvidia 1050TI (latest drivers installed)

I tried running as admin, using the inventor reset utility, reboots, uninstalled and reinstalled.

I checked for Windows update 1809. If I was looking in the right place it is not installed. (Setting>update &security>update history)

I don't use any third party anti virus or anything that doesn't come with stock Windows that could be messing with the installation. 

I have no idea what might have changed between the last time Inventor worked and now except for this Windows update: windows-10-update-kb4471324

I'm out of things to try. Any ideas? Thanks.

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
mrattray
in reply to: mrattray

Update: Other AutoDesk products are not working for me. In addition to Inventor AutoCAD and Design Review are crashing on start up. Both fully updated 2019 versions. ReCap does work.
Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 3 of 6
johnsonshiue

Hi Matt,

Is .Net 4.7 installed on the machine? Inventor 2019 requires .Net 4.7. After that, please make sure all updates are installed (2019.2 for Inventor and updates to other products).

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 4 of 6
mrattray
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Yes, .NET 4.7 is installed. I verified by running the installer downloaded from Microsoft.com which reported 4.7 or later as already installed. 

2019.2 was installed at the time of original posting. As of this reply the newly released update 2019.3 is installed. Other software as previously indicated are also fully updated. The update didn't help; I still can't open any AutoDesk software.

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 5 of 6
ChrisMitchell01

Hi Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Have you tried the Inventor reset utility ? What about running the Add-in manager to unload all addins before trying to start Inventor ?

Does DxDiag show that you're using the appropriate GPU (as opposed to say an on-board Intel device) ?

What other Autodesk products or components do you have loaded ? If you have the Autodesk Desktop Connector, try uninstalling that.

Delete everything in %temp% folder & then see if any log files created there on startup reveal anything.

Send me the email address you use for CER's & I'll take a look. (chris.mitchell@autodesk.com)

Thanks

Chris

Chris Mitchell
PDMS Customer Engagment Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 6 of 6
mrattray
in reply to: ChrisMitchell01

Hi Chris,

I went through everything in your list of suggestions with nothing working or being applicable. When I tried clearing my temp folder and starting Inventor it suddenly decided to work. I rebooted and verified that all AutoCAD applications now work. There must have been some kind of fungus in my temp folder causing issues. 

Thanks for helping me figure it out. 

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report