Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor pc ROI calcs

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
sam_m
263 Views, 1 Reply

Inventor pc ROI calcs

How have people managed to do any ROI calculations to justify new hardware when, without that new hardware, you can't provide that A-B comparison?

Sam M.
Inventor and Showcase monkey

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question...
If you have found any post to be helpful, even if it's not a direct solution, then please provide that author kudos - spread that love 😄

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
pball
in reply to: sam_m

I haven't done any real calculations based on hard numbers. But at my old job I was able to do some quick dirty math like so. Didn't get me anywhere though.

15 minutes per day average waiting for computer to do stuff.
260 weekdays
$20/hr or so for my pay
$1,300/year paying me to sit watching my computer

Of course that is assuming the new computer has zero time making you wait, but I knew that the mid end i5 cpu I had barely met the minimum specs so a good high end i7 would be much much better.

I guess you could compare benchmarks between what you have and what you'd like and if it's 25% faster you could say it'll cut down time by 25%. Though that isn't perfect either. I know for a fact two i7 cpus I've used for encoding video only had 10% difference in benchmarks but I got 25% difference in encoding, so benchmarks don't always reflect real usage.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report