Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor Nesting 2022 issues/errors

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
fridtjofZM5ME
341 Views, 0 Replies

Inventor Nesting 2022 issues/errors

I've come across a couple of issues with the Inventor Nesting add-in, and wonder if they are known issues, simple user errors, or entirely new ones, as well as wether or not they are being looked into by the team of developers.

1. If I create an *.inest-template and put it in my specified template folder, the template doesn't show up in the list of template alternatives in the dialogue that follows if I right-click the top level assembly and choose "create nest" from the context menu. I got this to work earlier by copying the template file to every single folder across the system that appears to have templates in them. This doesn't exactly feel like the proper way to do things, but it did work.

2. adding files from Vault doesn't work anymore, and hasn't for a long time, although it did when I first godt the PD&M package back in 2018.

3. Parts that aren't sheet metal parts gets added to the source list. This typically applies to the "Master"-file that is a standard *.ipt file with BOM-structure=Reference, and only contains one or more sketches that are used to drive the Frame sub-assembly. This prompts you to add the material "Generic" with a 25.4 mm (1 inch) thickness to the Process Material Library.

4. Custom parts that are located in the Content Center folder, in my particular case a shrinkwrap of an assembly containing a sheet metal part and a regular part shrinkwrapped as a standard part, gets added. The shrinkwrap has BOM-structure=normal, and the components in the assembly it is based on also has the same BOM-structure, but it is a CC-component which I think should trigger it not beging added as a direct consequence of that fact. If the BOM-structure is independent of this and INEST handles the files solely based on the BOM-structure, the authoring/publishing wizard for custom CC-content should apply the "purchased" structure automatically as part of its process, as adding a component to the CC implicates that the part is purchased.

5. Frame Members generated from custom structural shapes that are published/authored as Sheet Metal parts get added, but with zero qty.

6. Every other time or so that I try adding an assembly to a new *.inest file, some or all of the part files doesn't get extracted correctly. The Nesting tree displays Nesting Root -> Geometry Sources -> assembly -> part files, but not the "Shape Properties"-node/sub-part entity (the line that starts with the adaptivity icon). Going back and adding the part files with the problem manually usually bypasses this particular issue.

7. When using *.INEST to figure out how many of a certain component you can fit on a given sheet format by entering a qty great enough to be sure they all won't fit on the particular format, the calculate process doesn't generate any results if the qty is greater than 1156 or there abouts. Not entirely sure about the exact number, but it is a cap on the qty value that you can't go beyond and still get results.

8. I generally have frequent issues with Inventor Nesting freezing, and sometimes chrashing Inventor. I can't reliably reproduce the freezes/chrashes, but they usually occur in conjuction with one or more of the issues mentioned above.

Labels (2)
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report